Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this car in DEC 13 it only has 27K on the clock. I really havent driven it much, its been sitting in the garage shiny and pretty. Anyway last night had to go to savannah about (47 miles) and I pulled the push botton start out and used my key in the dash (I only have one, will get another shortly).

Anyway the car seemed to run better, not a whole lot but a little smoother and seemed to glide up the interstate. To me that means my battery in the FOB might be a little weak? Does this make a difference on these cars? Is there a Key Fob sync issue (car didnt come with owners manuals).

Plus I dont think I have a mis-fire issue but when idling I get a little bump from time to time (maybe the cam) Im still not used to the car and dont know what to expect.

1 mod so far K&N CAI.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ignore Roost, I totally believe you. When you used the key manually, it allowed for better alignment between the thingamabob and the whatchamacallit resulting in higher...you know...stuff.

Either that or driving it in 45 degree cool air made it run stronger than the 103 degree humid air you normally feed it down there in peach country.

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
too damn funny, piece of plastic that does nothing
except push on the actuator
Luke

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK OK I get it, the thingamigy has nothing to do with the thingamabob. Just checking Im still like a kid with a new toy, the last hot rod I had was when I rebuilt a 71 monte carlo from the ground up and stuffed it with a .30 overbored 454. Dyno showed I was putting about 500 down to the ground. Sold it to a maryland state trooper before I was sent overseas.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
You're gonna laugh: my car feels different pretty much every time I drive it, power, smoothness, even steering. It's me. Depends on how tired I am, how I'm dressed (shoes make a huge difference) or whether it's day or night. Otherwise, ambient temperature also plays a big role, as others said, because... the Hemi he likes cold weather. Sometimes the interior rattles, sometimes it's quiet. I take it as a good car day/bad car day thing, but it's mostly me. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts