Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Me personally, I don't lilke the rims for sure. Don't care for the grill either. In the picture the stripe looks too "bright" for me, but it could just be my monitor settings.

Not a bad price though I guess... definitely get rid of the rims at a minimum

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Keep looking...

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
Someone tried very hard to customize an SE. The interior looks good, with the T-shifter, racing pedals, and custom trim. However, the exterior, with the exception of the SRT rear spoiler, is pretty bad. Initially, I would get rid of the metal custom grill and ugly (color) side stripe. The red line tires, and rims should be the next to go.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,734 Posts
Not a fan of the grille or wheels. I wouldn't go for it personally.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Wow, I see dealers take cars and add wheels, suspension, blowers, etc. to basically make their own custom versions but that is just a hack job gone bad IMO. Sorry, I don't want to bust your bubble, but it just looks awkward.

For me, the worst is the wheels and that bright red stripe. Remove those two elements and I might be able to live with the grille. I at least see what they were going for with those, as the 69 Charger had them (think General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard). However, I think those had functionality to flip down when the lights were being used. I'm not sure if the grille on the Challenger does or not -- and like others I'd be concerned about the legality.

Personally I'd keep looking. Especially since the dealer is going to want to charge MORE for those "adds".

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Tell them to take the wheels off and put the factory ones one and remove the grill cover and take it at that price. The stripes can be removed later if they don't grow on ya. Make sure they disclose the Texas Lemon Law to you when you close - it is the law that they do in Texas.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
The price they are asking for the car it would be my guess someone lost money on the deal. Barf bag please on the exterior!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Er...no. Hope you don't take that the wrong way. Very limited market when you want to sell that thing.

Just a bit more money and you could get a nice used R/T.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I figured i would get that response. I didnt like it when I saw it, just looked stupid to me. Thanks for the opinions guys.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
And that is an example of how you turn a good looking car, into a bad looking car...I'd pass it up....you're going to be negotiating for them to takes things OFF, which they aren't going to like..just go with one that hasn't been messed with.

Seriously man, save up and go for a R/T...you will be so much more pleased, and your not even getting that big of a MPG hit...you know what they always say about buyers remorse with TVS right? They always wish they bought a BIGGER one...go with the R/T, you can get some crazy good deals on it now, unless your getting a 2011 SE due to the new V6, I'd stay away...nobodys gonna want 'em

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm at work now (lunch) but our firwall security won't let me look at it on that site. Site is blocked. Since this is in Fort Worth (where I am) , can somebody post the picture of it on "this" site? I have seen a bunch of the Challengers in Fort Worth and of course have the best looking one.....DWB R/T. I hope this isn't the Black SE with a goofy red stripe on the side. That kid drives the dog--it out of that poor car. I see it everywhere.

·
Registered
954 Posts
if everything was black that is now red and the grille treatment was removed it would be ok.i have to agree with everyone here tho,it looks over done and busy.someone wasted their time and money.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts