Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Like it alot, real aggressive. Does it have any better clearance for the ones that have been going with the bigger blowers? I'm sure that would be a major selling point as it seems the only options are the cowl or notching the hood.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has alot of extra hood clearance especially in the Front. It should accommodate The nose on some of these bigger superchargers.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is the scoop functional? It does look much more aggressive. Heck I have a big Cervini wing on my car, so I would say go for it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Air is not Directed to the CAI but does blow through the inlet helping to Remove Engine heat from under the hood.

5,134 Posts
Really??? This is one of the most opinionated forums out there and I can only get one opinion?
You must be mistaken ;)

I like it. I wouldn't do it to my car (I'm a low-key kinda guy) but I wouldn't laugh at the guy who does.

Reactions: Onemanop

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
Hey - I love it!! If I didn't already have a Mr Norms shaker waiting to go on - would have definitely considered it

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
thinkin about it - I would put a diverter plate halfway under the scoop - open up some vents in the rear - and market it as a scoop for the Southern states that pulls heat OUT of the engine compartment - then point out that cooler engines produce more HP

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Well, I'm a sucker for the beauty of the stock hood. I don't have a blower, so I don't have a need.

That being said, you're asking, and it doesn't appeal to me.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Not for my car, but I love the look on yours. I'm considering a shaker, but haven't come close to pulling that trigger.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
It's not for me either. I really like the look of the stock hood.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
I like it but what's the price gonna be?

For me it would be competing with the T/A hood which I'm sure flows a lot more air.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
That hood reminds me of my first car, a 74 RoadRunner. Except for the opening, looks pretty similar.

However, something is just not quite right on the Challenger. Maybe extends a little to far forward? Not sure what it is, can't quite decide.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....while I wouldn't consider it hideous, I don't like it on this application. It detracts too much from the retro look I fell in love with. I wouldn't install it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not my style.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I have an SRT hood on my RT Charger and it looks great. But something about that hood on the Challenger looks out of place. I think the fact that it slopes down at the back to blend with the stock hood line makes it look like a pimple or something. I wouldn't condemn a guy for putting it on, I just wouldn't put it on my car.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts