Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working out of March ARB in Moreno Valley for the next month. I drove my Challenger here and I've been looking for carshows, hot rod cruises, drag races etc..But I'm either just unlucky or I'm not searching correctly. Maybe its the weather as I planned on going to the Vintage drags in Pomona but they were cancelled. I did go to the Mopar Carshow in Riverside last weekend but since it was raining the show was pretty small. There were quite a few modern Mopars there which is never disappointing but I love me some old Hot Rods, Street Rods and muscle cars.

Maybe my vision is skewed from old movies etc but I expected Southern California to be the mecca of car people and hot rods everywhere. I can barely find any other car people. Maybe it's just the poor weather? I went to the Carl's Jr in Westminster on a Tues eve and there was a small mini-carshow which was nice but just not what I was expecting to see. Do any other car guys cruise up and down "the strip" on summer evenings anywhere in the LA valley area? I'm not looking for late night street races or other shenanigans that'll get me arrested. I just want to see some nice souped up cars cruisin' around or hot rod carshows etc.

Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Check out SoCalCarCulture for car events and cruise-in's in the So Cal Area. There is always something happening, even during weeknights. Some of the better Cars & Coffees on Saturday or Sunday mornings are Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach, Saleen Headquarters on Saturday mornings, the monthly cruise-in at Rotolo Chevrolet in Fontana, the Early Rodders C & C every Saturday morning in LaCanada/Flintridge. Next Saturday, June 1st, is the Steve McQueen Car Show at Boys Republic in Chino Hills. I am taking my F5 green 69 Charger there. A lot of the C & C's and car event promoters also have FB pages that you can check out. The Peterson Museum also has summer cruise-in's. Check them out of FB. True, the weather this Spring has been terrible. I have never seen this much rain happen in late April & May in all my years in CA. Looks like tomorrow will be another rain day. Hope I have given you some good leads and hopefully you will be able to connect with the wide and varied So Cal Car Culture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two good shows are coming on June 9: the San Marino Motor Classic at Lacy Park in San Marino and Burbank Road Kings at Johnny Carson park in Burbank.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I checked out that site, definitely lots of info there. I was able to find some stuff to do and it's been nice. I went to Bob's Big Boy in Norco on Memorial Day, they had a decent gathering there.

Someone there mentioned a cruise coming up in San Bernadino where they let you cruise with open headers etc. That sounds right up my alley.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for the info. I checked out that site, definitely lots of info there. I was able to find some stuff to do and it's been nice. I went to Bob's Big Boy in Norco on Memorial Day, they had a decent gathering there.

Someone there mentioned a cruise coming up in San Bernadino where they let you cruise with open headers etc. That sounds right up my alley.
The San Marino Motor Classic is a Concours. I think tickets are $25.00 pre-sale per person. Check out their website for details.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sunday morning take a trip to PCH. And i mean MORNING you will see more cars just out for a drive then you ever have, regular routine for me if im free. Huntington beach is nice but make the trip up to santa monica and cruise up PCH to malibu you’re almost guaranteed to get into some fun

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the Irwindale drags last Thursday night and had a great time. I plan on going again this Thursday too. I've made it to some burger joint carshows when work allows. This weekend is probably my last free weekend in SoCal.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey ill be back in town friday if you’re still here you can meet me off of main street in huntington beach in the morning

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sunday morning take a trip to PCH. And i mean MORNING you will see more cars just out for a drive then you ever have, regular routine for me if im free. Huntington beach is nice but make the trip up to santa monica and cruise up PCH to malibu you’re almost guaranteed to get into some fun
Yep, go up Malibu Canyon, then take Mulholland west. Or continue on PCH to Latigo Canyon. From there you'll find many great roads to increase the tires' shoulder wear on.
Just look out for the flocks of bicyclists.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yep, go up Malibu Canyon, then take Mulholland west. Or continue on PCH to Latigo Canyon. From there you'll find many great roads to increase the tires' shoulder wear on.

Just look out for the flocks of bicyclists.

Unfortunately a lot of those road are closed now for cleanup after the fires :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure I can make it all the way to the PCH without losing my mind due to traffic. Good lord traffic sucks here. I drove Mulholland and around LA once and that was enough. I'll hit Irwindale tonight.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm not sure I can make it all the way to the PCH without losing my mind due to traffic. Good lord traffic sucks here. I drove Mulholland and around LA once and that was enough. I'll hit Irwindale tonight.

Where are you driving from! Timing is key brotha!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL. Traffic at 3am probably is pretty light. I'm working out of March ARB, Moreno Valley so its about 90 miles away, or about 4-5 hour drive. :grin2:

·
Registered
570 Posts
LOL. Traffic at 3am probably is pretty light. I'm working out of March ARB, Moreno Valley so its about 90 miles away, or about 4-5 hour drive. :grin2:
It cracked me up when reading "4-5 hours" for a mere 90 miles. But it's not funny, really.
We used to live about 35 miles from LAX. Now it's 150 miles to the airport, but we can get there in a shorter time.

·
Registered
969 Posts

Im not far man im off the 60 and the 57, less than 2 hours let me know if you head that way man Sunday

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I decided spur of the moment to go for a drive Sunday. Drove hwy 74 from Perris to the coast where I was punished for my sins with stop n go traffic on I-5. Hwy 74 was pretty nice though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts