Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay we got about an inch and a half of snow and ice two days ago and on my way home i hit some ice and slid down hill into a telephone pole in my 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T. The door and hood are completely untouched however the front fascia was pretty smashed, headlight housing cracked, and front right fender was completely removed. All those in the DE/PA area who know of a body shop that has the ability/ or has worked on a challenger and done a good job please let me know. Unfortunately this is my Daily Driver so it must get fixed asap. Thanks for the help,
PlatinumHemi

Attachments

5,134 Posts
If it can make you feel any better, damage looks minimal -- there won't be too much body work, other than replacing the broken panels.

Good luck!

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I am sorry to see this. However, as Toofart said it could have been worse - doesn't look like the damage went past the outer panels.

Best of luck in finding a good shop and getting her repaired. I'm sure the other regulars who live closer to you will be of help in selecting a shop.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Sorry to hear of your crash.

After you get it fixed you should buy a set of winter tires and wheels. I just bought a set for our Jeep SRT and boy am I glad they were on it last Thursday when we got 6" of snow and ice while I was at work.

I drove high powered RWD cars in the winter for 25 years and always ran studded snow tires and never had a mishap.

"All season" tires are a joke in really bad conditions.

If I was driving the Challenger in winter as a DD, I would run studded winters on all 4 corners.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Okay we got about an inch and a half of snow and ice two days ago and on my way home i hit some ice and slid down hill into a telephone pole in my 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T. The door and hood are completely untouched however the front fascia was pretty smashed, headlight housing cracked, and front right fender was completely removed. All those in the DE/PA area who know of a body shop that has the ability/ or has worked on a challenger and done a good job please let me know. Unfortunately this is my Daily Driver so it must get fixed asap. Thanks for the help,
PlatinumHemi
bro call me i have the guy he does all david dodges work and my brothers and mine we have 4 SRT's we had 6 i'll pm you my cell

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. My insurance is supposed to call back today so once I find out what they want me to do I will keep everyone posted. It sucks that this had to happen but like said above, it could have been worse. I just hope once it is fixed up it looks good. Once again thanks, and if anyone else has any info it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright my insurance was being difficult about taking my car to a body shop so far from my house and in a different state so I ended up having to take my car to Brandywine Dodge Collision on Kirkwood Highway in DE. I will post up pics of the finished car when it gets done. Thanks for all the Help.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Alright my insurance was being difficult about taking my car to a body shop so far from my house and in a different state so I ended up having to take my car to Brandywine Dodge Collision on Kirkwood Highway in DE. I will post up pics of the finished car when it gets done. Thanks for all the Help.
Sorry to hear about that. Glad you found somebody. The only person I'd recommend went out of business because of family reasons.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Sorry to hear. Snow tires would be a good investment.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You should complain louder. Your insurance co doesn't get to dictate who you get your car repaired by. Hope it works out though!

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
my body shop in Richmond Va could fix that easy. It would look like new. Should not be a problem for most respected shops.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts