Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from test and tune tonight, and it was a great night. There were very few cars there and I never had to wait in the staging lanes. It was 40 degrees mostly the entire time and I got 15 runs in with 3 or 4 back to back several times. I had a blast and got a PB more than once. This was just the second time i have ever been to the track. The first time I ran a best of 13.6 but knew I could do better. Here are the time slips.

13.06.jpg This was my best time of the night.

13.21.jpg I lost this one to a new z06 corvette. There were three there tonight and I raced all of them. I beat one of them but it was cause he was spinning through third.

13.22.jpg I lost this one to a 2004/2004 model cobra with drag radials.

13.24.jpg I won this one.

13.25.jpg I won this one too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
13.29.jpg

13.30.jpg I lost this one to a different z06.

13.44.jpg I dont remember who I raced in this one but I lost.

13.095.jpg I won this one.

13.097.jpg and I won this one too.

These are the best 10 slips I had. The other 5 were really bad because I lost traction really bad and the traction control would kick in and it felt like it would kill my engine. It was hard to get my tires warm with it so cold outside. So heres my question. I got a PB of 13.06!! Thats so close to 12s. What can I do to get that extra .06 seconds?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice runs. Get some drag radials and you'll easily be in the 12's.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice runs get that 60' under 2.0 and thats a 12 second slip.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, I will give it another couple tries at the track before I upgrade to a DR. I really want to get into the 12s with street tires.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've got the same exact R/T auto, 100% stock down to the RSA tires on 20" chrome clad. Tire pressure on the rear was 24 PSI; 32 PSI front. Go around the water box for starters and do a burnout (not in the water) for about 3 seconds just enough to get tires warm street tires don't like heat, then brake stand 1,500 RPM and launch but we sure to FEATHER the throttle, DON'T GO WOT. As far as ESP I leave mine on I like the traction control to help ME off the line. These few tips have got me a 1.959 60' which could get you 12.95 easy since you have the Diablo. It got me a 8.56 1/8 mile 100% stock. I also keep mine in "D" not manual shift mode but like I said this is JUST ME your car may like otherwise, good luck PM If you need a little more detail, Ralphy

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm running stock R/T 18" wheels with M&H 275/45R18 drag radials. These things stick like glue.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
very nice runs! do you recall which cars you beat?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got the same exact R/T auto, 100% stock down to the RSA tires on 20" chrome clad. Tire pressure on the rear was 24 PSI; 32 PSI front. Go around the water box for starters and do a burnout (not in the water) for about 3 seconds just enough to get tires warm street tires don't like heat, then brake stand 1,500 RPM and launch but we sure to FEATHER the throttle, DON'T GO WOT. As far as ESP I leave mine on I like the traction control to help ME off the line. These few tips have got me a 1.959 60' which could get you 12.95 easy since you have the Diablo. It got me a 8.56 1/8 mile 100% stock. I also keep mine in "D" not manual shift mode but like I said this is JUST ME your car may like otherwise, good luck PM If you need a little more detail, Ralphy
Thats almost exactly how I was launching. Except I press the button for esp. So no key trick, but partial off. Thanks for the advice. Im excited to get back to the track and practice more.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So with this set up I would need new wheels and tires on the front too right? and can I drive with these on the street? I dont have the tools to swap them out each time I go to the track. Thanks.
Not at all. These are just rears and are a radial tire so you can drive them to and from the track without issue. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts