Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat pack
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
You’re working a win-win situation here. You’ll end up with a great ride and upgrade while doing something really beneficial for your health. Just think of the mods you can do with all that cigarette money! Good luck......pulling for you.
Thanks for the positive vibes!

After 5 total hours of intense scrutiny (2 at mechanic, 3 at body shop) the white scat has been given a clean bill of health!

Body shop my Uncle runs exact words "If you hadn't told me someone else did the job, I would have assumed that we had done the job it's that high quality."

Getting right in the middle of the range of what I was hoping to get in trade in value, and got them talked down to a much more reasonable price. Hopefully I get the "all clear" from the dealership and get to go fill out paperwork tomorrow! Their power was out (normal around these parts when it's crazy windy) or I'd probably know by days end.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Thanks for the positive vibes!

After 5 total hours of intense scrutiny (2 at mechanic, 3 at body shop) the white scat has been given a clean bill of health!

Body shop my Uncle runs exact words "If you hadn't told me someone else did the job, I would have assumed that we had done the job it's that high quality."

Getting right in the middle of the range of what I was hoping to get in trade in value, and got them talked down to a much more reasonable price. Hopefully I get the "all clear" from the dealership and get to go fill out paperwork tomorrow! Their power was out (normal around these parts when it's crazy windy) or I'd probably know by days end.
Man, quitting smoking and going through all this stress. I would be frazzled.
You are made of stern stuff to be able to stay so (apparently) calm.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2016 Scat pack
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Man, quitting smoking and going through all this stress. I would be frazzled.
You are made of stern stuff to be able to stay so (apparently) calm.
Good luck!
I'm a chef, I am forced to not be frazzled for 45+ hours a week many of those during high volume high stress peak hours. Like asking a fish how it can do nothing but swim lol.

Endgame is all for the goal, a badass ride that clenches your cheeks when you give it hell!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I quit smoking a good while back. Forgot how good you feel without them. Way more energetic and many more perks. As far as car choice...Just get a SCAT, believe me you wont look back.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
Get a Supercharged car. Trust me, just got my R/T back yesterday after a Whipple install and a mild tune, 527 WHP, it is a blast. I would not even screw around, go straight for a Hellcat. Boost is awesome and I hope I never have to settle for an N/A car again. Even after I fell at home and ripped my Hamstring and still hurting like hell today, I think about that car, and I smile. I can't wait until I can clean it up and drive it some more! Glad it is an automatic.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
...Boost is awesome and I hope I never have to settle for an N/A car again...
Yes it is, that is how my T6 Volvo runs so good. over 300HP from a 2 liter with help from a supercharger AND a turbocharger.
BUT, no replacement for displacement, and 6.4 is getting up there now-a-days.
BUT 6.2 ain't bad and then add in BOOOOOOST, and has to be a hell of a ride.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got my first Challenger days ago. Lucky to have gotten a new 2021 ScatPack, A8. Love it. 200miles now.
In my youth I had both 70 340 'Cuda, and then 70.5 Z28 350, both 4speeds. This A8 is an amazing tranny! You'll never manually outshift it. I DO agree the fun factor of shifting though....

41 - 49 of 49 Posts