Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made the mistake of test driving a used R/T that was on the Dodge lot. WOW!! I am now obsessed with having the extra power and torque!! I am wanting to trade in my 2013 SXT, but want to keep my same car payment. I figured that if I went back a couple of years back and get a used one, that I could stay around my same payment. I know that someone on here said that there is a dealership on the east coast that will ship a car to you and pick up your trade in. What was the name of that dealership?

·
Registered
329 Posts
It may be Baxter, but I'm not sure..on another note do it! Lol I traded in my 12 rally redline for an RT and don't regret it at all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
So I made the mistake of test driving a used R/T that was on the Dodge lot.
That sounds familiar! I had NO intention of buying a new car, I just wanted to see one up close because I've always liked the way they look. So much for that plan! :thumbsup:

Best impulse buy EVER!

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Do those RT Redlines come with STP?

They came out right after I bought my Blacktop, and were not an option.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That sounds familiar! I had NO intention of buying a new car, I just wanted to see one up close because I've always liked the way they look. So much for that plan! :thumbsup:

Best impulse buy EVER!
Glad to hear that I wasn't the only person to own one this way, this is exactly how I came to own mine.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm about to likely regret the same thing. Have a chance to test drive an R/T with a manual transmission tomorrow. I really, really miss the standard (all my vehicles have been standard until my 11 SE), and I think I need to see what I'm missing...

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I had completely sworn off manual shift until I drove the R/T 6M. You feel so more "at one" with the car and the gearing is spot on in my opinion. Always seems to be the perfect gear regardless of the driving situation and it's almost impossible to stall. I've never stalled mine but came close a couple times until I disabled that annoying "hill-assist" feature.

Now, if you're into racing you should go with the A5... simple fact of the matter is that they are faster. I don't race, I just enjoy the drive.

Reactions: cannonballcobb

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I only test drove 1 R/T 6spd manual and it wasn't right apparently. you could feel lots of vibration in the gas pedal... It was very noticeable, I asked the salesdude about it and he said "they all do that, no big deal".. was to me, it felt like the exhaust pipe was grounding against the cable (or whatever goes to the footpedal).. with my knee I couldn't do the standard shift anyway.. but I sure wanted too. I Auto Stick my Auto so it's almost the same without the clutch... kinda sorta.

·
Registered
510 Posts
So I made the mistake of test driving a used R/T that was on the Dodge lot. WOW!! I am now obsessed with having the extra power and torque!! I am wanting to trade in my 2013 SXT, but want to keep my same car payment. I figured that if I went back a couple of years back and get a used one, that I could stay around my same payment. I know that someone on here said that there is a dealership on the east coast that will ship a car to you and pick up your trade in. What was the name of that dealership?

If you do make the switch, don't go test driving any SRTs or you may find yourself back in the same boat...

I speak from experience. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I only test drove 1 R/T 6spd manual and it wasn't right apparently. you could feel lots of vibration in the gas pedal... It was very noticeable, I asked the salesdude about it and he said "they all do that, no big deal".. was to me, it felt like the exhaust pipe was grounding against the cable (or whatever goes to the footpedal).. with my knee I couldn't do the standard shift anyway.. but I sure wanted too. I Auto Stick my Auto so it's almost the same without the clutch... kinda sorta.
The vibration is NOT normal. If anything you can hardly feel the accelerator... VERY little feedback pressure-wise.

The only diff between the A5 and M6 is one more gear, an arm (replaced with a finger or two) and a leg. :browsmiley:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts