Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Testing the new Comp Cams Stage 2 HRT VVT Cam Package with ported heads on this 2015 392 Manual Challenger. Unfortunately my baseline was from January in much better air so the true gains aren’t fully measured but nonetheless I’m still seeing a nice 45HP increase through the mid range. Even with my flawed data, I’m happy to report the gain is worth the squeeze.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good to hear. I have thought of doing this to my 2018 TA 392. But I don't want LT headers. but have thought of the 1 7/8 shorties.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does this give the engine any lope? Any drivability challenges?
What other mods have you done to this challenger?
Any other changes that should be made while in there?

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,553 Posts
Good to hear. I have thought of doing this to my 2018 TA 392. But I don't want LT headers. but have thought of the 1 7/8 shorties.
your 392 already has shorty headers on it (they're referred to as "clamshells" due to the s/s shielding covering them) - nothing to be gained since you already have them.

same units are used on Hellcats and Demon - so if they're good for 707 - 840hp, they'll be more than enough on a N.A. 392. They have 3" diameter collectors and piping up to the rear resonators
Automotive exhaust Bronze sculpture Bronze Metal Auto part
Automotive exhaust Auto part Muffler Exhaust system Metal

Reactions: MiHiHemi

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lopes a little more than what we've seen on the 270 cams. I'd have to check and see if the vehicle already had any bolt-on stuff before coming in. A normal setup would just be the comp package, 180 thermostat and Diablosport tuning. Long tube headers are always worth a little bit of extra power, though not enough to usually warrant the cost of parts and labor for this initial setup. We'll normally only recommend the headers if we're also porting the heads or doing a full short block job.

·
Registered
46 Posts
any feed backs on this build? im planning on droppin that cam kit in my 2017 6SM 392 challenger,
with long tubes, mids and high flow cats
how was the tuning?
thanks

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to dig and see what we have video of for 392 setups, here are a couple of Stage 2 kits. So far seeing similar gains for what we'd expect on a 270 cam and same comparison on stage 3 vs the 274 cam:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Waiting for the Kooks headers, mids and cats to come in and then starting the HTR stage 2 install

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man ,,i know its been a long time , but im done with my NA 6.4 build,
Not quite at 500 RWHP yet, did not have a hellcat throttle body at the time of the build(but have one now and will be installed this spring)
really happy with the outcome, nice lope, great sound and drivability(didn't wanna go to aggressive with the tune)
Comp cam HTR stage 2, cam phaser, PSI springs, Manley titanium retainers, Manley shims, iridium sparkplugs, CAI, Kooks LTH, mids and high flow cats,
Will tweak the tune after the throttle body install and give some more feedback , Facebook

·
Registered
9 Posts
Damn. I was hoping to get a good comparison on the dyno #s from the same dyno.
I've got
Kooks long tubes with green cats
85mm bbk tb
Comp HRT stage 1 cam with phaser

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im jealous of you all. Im so far away from any good tuner so I have been hesitant to install a cam or headers. I absolutely love my car, so I fear I will end up one of the horror stories on this forum with bad tunes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts