·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
BUMP!

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
Well?!? I don't see no pics of this event posted yet...what's the hold up??

Now if y'all are still waiting on someone to get bailed out of the county lock-up so they can sign a release form to allow an upload of their arrest video, then I guess that's an acceptable reason for the delay in posting event pics/vids.

But in that case, why are they still in the clink at all?!?

It's officially Monday now, so let's get 'em bailed out already! >:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
poor showing, maybe 12 cars, at lunch nobody said who they were, looked to me like some locals that were tied to the performance shop talking to each other but that's it. no loop drive I think because of poor turn out. went to performance shop, meet a couple of guys from Conroe that weren't at lunch. was asked if I wanted to dyno my car but that's all the interaction I got from shop guys. never meet hell ride never heard him try to organize the group. piss poor showing in my mind. but I had a great day with my boy, and girl. looking forward to we are mopar at tms.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
I talked to most people and was directing the parking that occurred in the front of the restaurant. I was walking around and coordinating everything. Yes the turnout was small but I was attempting to get everyone involved (even though that failed). Also, while the turnout was small there were very nice vehicles so it was quality not quantity. Also, I was wearing the grey shirt that had the huge HPD (Houston Performance Driving logo) on the back. Which car was yours?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
That's a good looking blue Hellcat, but man that thing is sitting low! Like cigarette-butts-become-speed-bumps low!! Hopefully he's got air bags or something on it so he can adjust ride height as necessary?

And what's the extra graphic on the grey RT's blue hood stripes? I can make out the "R/T" down close to the front end, but what's that back up by the hood scoops?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
That's a good looking blue Hellcat, but man that thing is sitting low! Like cigarette-butts-become-speed-bumps low!! Hopefully he's got air bags or something on it so he can adjust ride height as necessary?

And what's the extra graphic on the grey RT's blue hood stripes? I can make out the "R/T" down close to the front end, but what's that back up by the hood scoops?
No idea but he's a member here. Unfortunately I cleared my PM's so I can't tell you what his SN is on here. That's a massive fail on my part. I guess I'm going to hell.

·
Registered
381 Posts
That's my grey Challenger. They're custom painted racing stripes. What you're seeing is a reflection of the light pole above. Here's another picture from a different angle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
That's my grey Challenger. They're custom painted racing stripes. What you're seeing is a reflection of the light pole above. Here's another picture from a different angle.

Was a pleasure meeting you. I'm actually thinking about doing some kind of a monthly meet at that Twin Peaks just grabbing a beer and hanging out, type deal.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It was nice meeting you too. Wish I could have stuck around at Peitz to have my car dynoed, but we had to get home to the puppy.

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
No idea but he's a member here. Unfortunately I cleared my PM's so I can't tell you what his SN is on here. That's a massive fail on my part. I guess I'm going to hell.
Look at the bright side, given your current city of residence, I'd say you're about as prepared for such a trip as anybody can be. >:)

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Look at the bright side, given your current city of residence, I'd say you're about as prepared for such a trip as anybody can be. >:)
I'm fairly convinced though, that hell is less humid.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
It was nice meeting you too. Wish I could have stuck around at Peitz to have my car dynoed, but we had to get home to the puppy.

Not a problem at all. We can always meet up again if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
That's my grey Challenger. They're custom painted racing stripes. What you're seeing is a reflection of the light pole above. Here's another picture from a different angle. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Ah, okay, now i see it...i really like the look of that "R/T" overlay on the stripes...whoever did it did a dang good job! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ah, okay, now i see it...i really like the look of that "R/T" overlay on the stripes...whoever did it did a dang good job!
Thanks, it's actually airbrushed. The guy that did was Colin Hurst here in Houston. He does great work.

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
Thanks, it's actually airbrushed. The guy that did was Colin Hurst here in Houston. He does great work.

Seems like that would be difficult with vinyl stripes...are they stripes painted on as well, and the R/T is air brushed over them, then the whole thing cleared?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes, custom painted stripes. Actually had him repaint the whole car

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry I missed it. These kinds of things can be hard to get good turnouts initially. It sounded like fun, and I'm really curious to learn more about what some folks have done to their cars. With everything I have going on in life it's hard for me to set aside a whole day. Hopefully we can try something again in the future though. There's plenty of venues to check out. Every Saturday evening down the street from me there's a impromptu car show in the Home Depot parking lot. It may also be fun to put together a group at Royal Purple Raceway.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Sorry I missed it. These kinds of things can be hard to get good turnouts initially. It sounded like fun, and I'm really curious to learn more about what some folks have done to their cars. With everything I have going on in life it's hard for me to set aside a whole day. Hopefully we can try something again in the future though. There's plenty of venues to check out. Every Saturday evening down the street from me there's a impromptu car show in the Home Depot parking lot. It may also be fun to put together a group at Royal Purple Raceway.
Next year we may be doing a shop party instead of a lunch meet at the shop where I detail/ceramic coat vehicles so it may be a little different. Then, we will roll out to the shop for dyno pulls. I know some people were upset that we skipped the cruise around 610 but I think it was the right idea because I think a back roads type route would be a more pleasant experience for everyone. Either way, we'll have to see if I host it next year because I may not have a Mopar then.

Having said that, I'm surprised none of the A8 owners noticed that they had the car in the wrong gear on the dyno. I'm pretty sure he was in 4th instead of 6th because I was seeing 392 cars putting less than 300 to the tires. We will look for another shop if we do it in 2k18 and right now I'm thinking about contacting SeriousHP because they do some pretty badass Hemi builds.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts