Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is Texas Outlaw Challengers? We are an email group formed in late 2009 to get the word out as early as possible to as many as possible about shows, meets and cruises in Texas! We are not a club in that we have no officers, dues or rules, ever! We are open to all years and trims of Challengers and our goal is getting owners together whenever, and wherever possible! We have members who do cruises and meet an greets, and were even a "guest club" at a show in 2010! "No Rules- Runs" is our motto! Want to join the largest UnClub? Just PM either Sick'r Bee, Heartlandvideo, or Hesser; your sitename/first name/city/email address is all it takes! We will add you to the list and send you the latest list and any info on upcoming goings ons! Texas has GOT to be the best state to own/drive these cars, and we are Challengerizing the state! We had a BLAST in 2010, we will have a bigger blast in 2011! CYA Texas, Mark:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
SickrBee is right! If you been thinking about signing up, just do it.
You won't be flooded with nonsense emails trying to sell you stuff.
Just notices about up and coming events you'll want to attend with
your Challenger. We do lot's of runs and meets throughout the year,
so get in on it!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Can't wait for the run on the 16th.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it itzrick! We have members in N LA, even one in Roswell ( our youngest Leadfootleam). We are lucky to have a bunch of shows in DFW area every year, so you're closer than Jjar in Amarillo is.;) Should be sending out soon with new wizbang puter, welcome me to the 1980s, LOL! Mark

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
Sent PM but maybe you know. Do you need to live in Texas for this. I live 25 miles from the Texas line.
hey guy - check with CENLA (our sister club) or the HemiRiders- they are going to have a couple of members at the 2011 TOC Texas Nationals on March 27th this year near Austin - you might want to caravan down

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd love to be an outlaw!!

I've had my Challenger for almost two years but I just joined the forum and found this thread. I live in the Cypress area and have been looking for a club or similar to have a bit of fun with.

My info is as follows...

RxDoogie
Houston
[email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you guys and hope you have room for a non-gearhead enthusiast.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to Ctalk and TOC! Hope u can make the cruise the 16th, it's a lot of fun just meeting other owners and cruising with em rocks! Glad u found the site, 2011 should be a LOT of fun! Mark:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
We're going to try and make the 16th but my mother-in-law's b-day is that weekend. So....

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No prob man, family comes first! We'll do something again soon, any excuse to get together works! We'll keep u informed, try to give more warning, tho it's hard to reschedule a birthday, LOL!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you could make the cruise RxDoogie! Sitting in shows with a clean car IS nice, but driving with a pack of fellow Challengers is much more FUN! Proud owner of a dirty car and memories of twisty tho damp fun!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking forward to another great year with TOC!!! We can't wait until the shows start again. We met some really good people last year and we hope to see them again this year as well as met some new folks. :bigthumb: Check out this site for Show dates and times. www.hotrodhappenings.com

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One little year ago, we were 30 members! We lost bout 7-10 last summer due to sale of this awesome car. Proud to announce that the biggest UnClub, well anywhere, has just passed 150 members, 151 now! Texas is getting Challengerized fast! :D

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
SickerB,
Keep up the good work! California could learn alot from what you are doing. I have been a member of two Challenger clubs here and I can tell you they are all about rules. I mean Sh*t we are freeking adults are we not? So why so dman many rules? Because the clubs here are formed out of a desire of some to "LOOK" cool. We have alot of EGO in this state and with our dense population there are alot of "SHEEP" to leed to slaughter. I like many of your group just wanted to get together with fellow owners and have some fun, well here the clubs act like once you join they OWN you, they censor your posts, they fight like spoiled teenaged brats! B.S. NO one owns me and what I do or say is not up for censorship just to be part of a "Club". I know many folks in those clubs I consider friends still today, but my experiences with the car club scene was, well like driving a chevy!, Don't let the MOPAR nation see you doing it, LOL Watch the mods spank me for this post, seems EGO is a banned word on here!

~~~~~ KEEP IT FUN, AND THEY WILL COME ~~~~~

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^:D Man that's the best complement this Texan ever got, Thanks! All those things that Tony had been thru in clubs ( oh BTW he's originaly from SoCal), is why we became an UnClub! We have members in "clubs" also and have worked very hard at meets and shows to convince the "clubs", that we aren't in competition, well mainly cause we aren't! The goal is and allways was/will be to get out the word, to as many as early as possible, to get people together. We have gone thru some growing pains lately, but I'm glad to report that the freeflow kenetic anarchy that this is works! We are the shadow UnClub, got members that hold this as a club, thats great but we have members that just think it's an email group, thats great as well! Tried to get West Coast to go this way, ehh maybe next time? Anarchy is the hardest form, requires folks to step up, but it is rewarded by SMILES, worth the work, don't get that reward by being in a club! Guess our motto is " no rules, just smiles"! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Two clubs here which will remain unnamed went to a DODGE event, small time thing doubt you heard about it, it was called "Hemi Highway Tour". Well the two club presidents got into a pissin match over a parking spot, one had it the other wanted it. Manager of establishment was called and arguement ensued. Meanwhile I post in a thread about one president having a LARGE EGO, not knowing anything about the pissin match, and I get warned for fighting, Why am I telling you this in your thread? Because I believe it is STRONG reason to go the route you folks in TEXASS are going. I come through there once in awhile and hope to attend one of the unclub gatherings, have a beer and talk like truckers or what ever!

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
TEXAS, yup great place, got pulled over in BOTH of my Challengers there. I have logged many miles and have only been pulled over in TEXAS in this car. I had the R/T got pulled over near you out at Weatherford, where I bought my current SRT. That was back in 2009, well fast forward a year later and I got pulled over in Texas again on my next trip in the SRT8, dude had me dead to rights BOTH times but all I got was one verbal warning and complaments on the R/T and then the same on the SRT8 plus a written warning. I the last one he had me locked on radar at 82 in a 65, soo as I saw him I pulled over and stopped had license ond reg out waiting for him BEFORE he lit me up. He was so shocked he warned me and sent me on my way, with directions to the next gas station cause I was nearly empty! LOL gotta love Texass!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha, U know U should still have the Texas border pass from '09, that even allows U to come into Texas with one Challenger and depart with two! You're allways welcome round here but our peeing matches are da real thing, and no buckin your hips for distance! LOL!:guiness:

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Texas Pass Permit

I still have it see below. I gues I need to tape it to my windshield when entering Texas huh? LOL:guiness::scratchhead::bigthumb:

Had to cut Cop ID from that didnt want to get him in trouble for letting me go!:werd:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
When driving a Challenger in Texas, written warnings, well that's just a business card the police hand out as a reason to say HI to you and look at your car. Been pulled over three times, go me dead to rights, and not 1 ticket but 3 warning. Thanks for the kind words and I agree, TOC is quite a group.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts