Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nick and anthony hooked me up with a set of their long tubes with catless mids yesterday and i'm absolutely in love with how the car is performing now! they also have a full exhaust system in the works, and I would have been the prototype vehicle for the kit, but i literally just got my Magnaflow Competition series catback system.

i'm building the car for SEMA 2011, and i'm working with a few partners on the project. i'm proud to have ARH on board!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
i have LT headers too, but the the magnaflow street series catback. any insight on how it sounds with LT headers w/ the competition catback? by removing the rear resonators of the street series, it essentiall turns it into the competition series. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Yep, I love my arh headers. Sound soooo mean when you get on it paired with my mbrp. I went with the catted mids but may eventually switch over.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I'm not too sure on a part number as ARH is located 10 minutes from my house, I just called them up (and worked out an AWESOME deal by doing so) and drove right over. I'd recommend calling them up and asking the best price they can do for a member of challengertalk. I was told never to repeat the price I got, so its definitely worth giving them a call.

·
Registered
219 Posts
rmfootball69,
did you have any check engine lights or codes following your install of the ARH w/cats? I would like to do the same but have to pass a DEQ check. I see too many problems with KOOKS. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Yes I do have a check engine light currently... Dont remember exactly what the codes are but its the usuals... I'll be trying antifoulers, but don't know if it will work or not. I have to pass inspection as well, but I should be able to just go somewhere that will pass me if I can't get it figured out.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim from DCX-depot told me he has a tune that will eliminate the CEL and help performance. i don't have the money for a full custom CMR tune yet, so i'm going to go with that.

Ryan, you won't have to worry about your inspection until 2012. since your car is a 2010, you only have to pass safety-only, which means it doesn't get plugged into the NYVIP computer.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Tim from DCX-depot told me he has a tune that will eliminate the CEL and help performance. i don't have the money for a full custom CMR tune yet, so i'm going to go with that.

Ryan, you won't have to worry about your inspection until 2012. since your car is a 2010, you only have to pass safety-only, which means it doesn't get plugged into the NYVIP computer.

thats good to know since he will be doing my tuning

·
Banned
262 Posts

You will not pass emission test with the DCX tune,all he is doing is disabling the rear O2 sensors just like the older predator files would allow us to do.

Doing so puts the computer in a not ready state,automatic fail.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Ah ok good to know. The engine light sure is a pain though so I'll probably be doin some antifoulers sooner than later and get it all figured out so I don't have to deal.

·
Registered
497 Posts
ARH is a great supporter of the modern mopar platforms. You should see the custom setup they just did for Aj's car, very tight. Headers all the way back, super clean.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a follow up with my ARH headers....they netted me a 3 tenth gain in the 1/4! i ran a 13.41 in november and my only other mod has been my headers. yesterday i pulled a 13.11 @ 103.08mph! there's definitely more power there if i get the car tuned right.

thanks again, guys!!! you make the best product for us!!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i wonder how much the catless mids helped. I have the ARH's too but im a 6 spd and i have their hiflow cats. hows the exhaust smell?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the exhaust smell isn't noticable. it's a little richer, but nothing that'll make you vomit. obviously my goal was the most power possible, so i elected for catless mids. i don't know what power gains would be between the 2 choices though...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts