Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David, you were one of the first to post to me that I should first remove the resonators before I think of investing in a cat back system that will put me out some big money.

I had the resonators removed last Friday and new Yonaka dual angled tips I found on Amazon (thanks to someone who suggested them as they were 99.00 with free shipping and look fabulous)-- anyway, it was really amusing because EVERY man working in the shop wanted to work on my car, which made me feel good-- maybe it was partially the sweet looking ride I have or maybe that I'm a female who was super excited about this, I don't know.

I paid 120.00 for the delete and the install of the new tips. So the guy called me into the shop once he lowered the car and told me to light it up.... OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! :bouncy: I squealed with delight, which made the workers smile and laugh at me. I didn't care.

So, David, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sound.... so muscle-y and throaty and you know, I think I heard the 'dreaded drone' that people speak of on here, but someone wrote to me that since I am a biker too, and I have loud pipes, I'm probably used to that and I am... I actually like it. Is that weird? I love having to turn up the radio to hear over it while I'm driving.

I am very pleased. I will have a video up soon. I took about a 15 second clip of the car before the adjustment, but haven't had the chance just yet to get one after it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I'm glad you did it!

I know what you mean about the "smile" I could not get over the sound when I started mine up, MAN what a sound! When I want my friends to listen to it, I make them stand by the tail pipes and I remote start it and they just freak out........and I just laugh!
Call me crazy, but I even like the sound mine makes when it goes in Fuel Saver Mode it almost sounds like an 18 wheeler truck during decelleration......

Have you tried it in an underpass yet?

David L. Chacon

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Glad you like it Doc. Enjoy the ride. Been into HD all my life, built a few.
Funny, your going loud, and I'm trying to quiet mine down. Without killing HP Lol lol
FlatTop

·
Registered
630 Posts
I love a deep rumble. I rode a Harley for 12 years, but sold it last year because my family life didn't allow time to ride. BUT, I spent a portion of the Harley funds on a supercharger for my Challenger, so all is good. :)

As I have gotten older, my ears just don't deal well with low frequencies. I wore ear plugs when I rode my Harley (mostly because of wind noise). My son had a pickup that was loud and I couldn't hardly stand to ride with him. I like the Solo catback in my Challenger because it's reasonably quiet inside the car, but sounds pretty mean outside the car.

Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Cant wait for the video. Next time your cruising around the Chicago area, shoot me a p.m. i would love to listen to this in person before i pull the trigger myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call me crazy, but I even like the sound mine makes when it goes in Fuel Saver Mode it almost sounds like an 18 wheeler truck during decelleration......

Have you tried it in an underpass yet?

David L. Chacon
Oh my gosh, YES.... I love the sound it makes when it does that... I didn't know why it was doing it, so thanks for telling me. I have not tried it in an underpass.

I have to tell you though the best feeling was when my kids got in the car on Sunday when I picked them up from their dad's... my 2nd oldest son (he's 14) is a total gear head and loves this car as much as he loves me I swear. He was like 'OH MAN, MOM, this is BAD A!'.... I loved gunning it down the country road leaving his dad in the dust (he was behind me in a Yukon Denali). :smiley18:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
So glad to hear you enjoy it!

I can relate (as many other do too) as to how good a car can sound and how much I really do enjoy it!
Like Putting On a Superman suit>>>>>>>> Also when in Gas Saver Mode, what is happening is that it is running on 4 Cylinders thus it is called gas-saver-mode.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is a Super 40?

That was the first mod I did on my R/T, plus added a couple of Super 40's to get that perfect rumble!

Enjoy...
I read so many things on this forum and I have no freaking clue. What's a Super 40?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts