Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know the issue I have been going through with my selling dealer. If not, check this thread out. Dealer Hurt My Car

After a Toxic11 created a post specifically about my issue I was contacted by MentallyChallenged88 (MC88 for short) who asked for my details of the issue. I will tell you that I was not convinced he would be able to help and was skeptic mainly because of how this dealer treated me and seemingly had no regard for Mother Mopars customer priority policy.

After speaking with MC88 and getting all the details in order, MC88 made his move on my behalf by contacting the dealer. All I can tell you is that MC88 is definitely a heavy hitter with Dodge/SRT because whatever he said to management at my selling dealer shook them up, big time. When the service manager called me yesterday he was very frazzled and actually mentioned MC88 (used his real name) calling there and that he (MC88) wanted things repaired between myself and Dodge, NOW! (since it was easy for me to blame Dodge since the dealer represents Dodge)

The service manager tells me they are replacing the two rims on the drivers side and will polish out the clear coat scratch on the passenger side. I was agreeable to this and feel it is fair to try and clean up the least damaged wheel (which are clear coats scratches). The service manager even tells me they are going to try and use my choice of tire shop to change the rims cause they do not want any trouble if they mess them up. They will let me know when the rims come in (ordered yesterday) and I will take it from there. Of course I will keep everyone updated in my Dealer Hurt My Car thread.

So what is this post really about?

I want to say THANK YOU to MC88 for all you have done. Without you getting involved, I truly feel I would have been another lost customer statistic. Because of you, my faith in Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/SRT being customer service oriented has been renewed.

We all should should feel good about having someone such as MC88 on this forum who cares for the customer and is determined to better our experience with the and dealerships who represent the brand.

Sincerely,

Mark

·
Banned
368 Posts
Great post! We should ALL count our blessings that someone like MC88 is on our forum and does listen to us.

This is just awesome! Between the 570hp SC'd SRT for 2013 and this post...my day is MADE!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Wow that is a great story, glad you are getting it straightened out Mark. Awesome work MC88

·
Registered
529 Posts
Great news. I have also found that the people working at corporate Dodge really do care and try to make things right. The dealers really are not helping Dodge's image.

I think the guys who questioned MC88's creds on a few other threads should sent him an apology.

By the way, did he help with the off-center steering wheel and alignment problem?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great news. I have also found that the people working at corporate Dodge really do care and try to make things right. The dealers really are not helping Dodge's image.

I think the guys who questioned MC88's creds on a few other threads should sent him an apology.

By the way, did he help with the off-center steering wheel and alignment problem?
The new dealer I contacted for the alignment is getting a call from MC88 directly to reaffirm their commitment to the customer.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice work MC88, whatever your name is! You've taken allot of grief on the site while trying to help and still stepped up...

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Way to get involved MC88....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
sitedrifter...good news and props to MC88 for stepping in on your behalf...it's just too bad you could not get reasonably requested satisfaction from the beginning. Never sounded like you were being unreasonable...like I want a brand new car or something since you damaged my rims.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
My congrats to you Sitedrifter for getting some resolution to your problems and to MC88 for caring enough (and having some influence) to help make things right. Kinda nice to know that a few manufactrurer employees take customer satisfaction personally.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Have to agree; all I have seen and read from MC88 shows concern about the cars, present and future.

Not sure why some people want to hammer on him from time to time.

MC88, here's a thank you from me, and hoping I never need your help.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congrats Sitedrifter everyone likes to hear about happy endings!
Props to you MC88!!

Any ideas how to help MC88 fix the root cause of the issue? (poor dealership customer service)
There is no way he could step in for everyone that has been in this position. Dealerships are not all bad, and one bad dealer at a time just is just not going to happen.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I don't think anyone really wants to hammer on him. The timing of him coming in and asking about cosmetic changes for the future right when Hurst announced that they are shutting down and many 2011 owners are very disappointed that they can't get any aftermarket tuning for their cars made him an easy target. Obviously he has some stick and is a great resource and we should applaud his effort, but there will still be many that are disappointed at what they consider a lack of support for the aftermarket from Chrysler.

·
Mumber
389 Posts
Nice deal for you. Sometimes being a squeaky wheel gets you the grease.

Now if only someone could do something about the HD dealer that cheated me we would be getting somewhere.

I know a call from the boys in Milwaukee is about as worthless as contacting the BBB when you're dealing with HD dealers.

They just don't care!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Nice deal for you. Sometimes being a squeaky wheel gets you the grease.

Now if only someone could do something about the HD dealer that cheated me we would be getting somewhere.

I know a call from the boys in Milwaukee is about as worthless as contacting the BBB when you're dealing with HD dealers.

They just don't care!
The HD dealers in this area will literally ignore you the entire time you are in their store if you...

A. don't look like a biker
B. did not ride in on a bike
C. are black

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Hey... What about me???? I started that thread to address my disgust with how you was treated.... :)

Seriously... I am GLAD that MC88 got involved and got you a resolution! He shouldn't have HAD to get involved, but I am thankful to have MC88 and RS here and batting for our team! This is fantastic news!

·
Banned
368 Posts
S
Hey... What about me???? I started that thread to address my disgust with how you was treated.... :)

Seriously... I am GLAD that MC88 got involved and got you a resolution! He shouldn't have HAD to get involved, but I am thankful to have MC88 and RS here and batting for our team! This is fantastic news!
I'll give you some love! I remember you specifically referring MC88 to this issue. NICE job! !:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

OMG sorry Bro!

Without Toxic11 I would never have met MC88 therefore this could not have happened! I owe Toxic11 a handshake and a dinner!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I am glad the OP got taken care of. big thanks to MC88. It is very sad that it took intervention to get something done though. Just so you know its NOT only Dodge. I am on other forums including Viper and Vette forums and ALL sites have the same issues with dealerships now and then. Too bad customer satisfaction is just a word to some of these dealerships. I read a book a long time ago when I worked for a company that believed in customer satisfaction and that company actually did do their best. The book is "Customers for life". Its about a car dealership and maybe ALL dealerships should read this book.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The HD dealers in this area will literally ignore you the entire time you are in their store if you...

A. don't look like a biker
B. did not ride in on a bike
C. are black
Wow! I thought it was just the HD where I live. Maybe it's part of their dealership training.

I never was into the "biker" look. Had a Sportster 1200 with a fatbob tank and fatboy solid rear wheel. I really liked the bike, but the snubbing I took every time I went to the HD store just got to be too much.

Harley can eat those bikes before I'll have another one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.