Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new rear strobe stripe from ridergraphix.com. Turned out great. I'm happy with it.

What does everyone else think?

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is another shot

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
I like it! Very cool --- I will soon be ordering also from Rider Graphix. Will be removing my tip to tail factory racing stripes (silver stripes on a black car) and having the full length strobe decals in red installed in it`s place.
Looks good --- enjoy!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys it matches my strobe hood stripes

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,720 Posts
Looks awesome. Can we use the pics on our website?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks awesome. Can we use the pics on our website?
If you'll wait I took more pictures in good light after washing the car ill upload them tomorrow and you can use those I don't want a dirty car on your website lol

·
Vendor
1,720 Posts
Ok, I will watch for them. Please put them in this thread so I get a notification.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well as excited as I was about these I am now equally disappointed I washed the car today and literally chunks of vinyl broke off of the stripe from the car wash. I have vinyl from other companies on my hood that have never sustained damage from this wash. I emailed ridergraphix from [email protected] this morning hopefully this can get resolved

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ouch... Sorry to here that man, hopefully rider stands behind their product for a replacement

·
Vendor
1,720 Posts
Kris, I received your email. As far as us just sending a refund to you based upon you telling me the stripes came off in a car wash with no pictures attached, well, that's not going to happen. Also, we use brand new, fresh material for all the stripe kits we sell, and there have been many other kits cut from the same roll as your kit, and there have been no issues with any of them. There are two issues here, one, is a possibility of the surface not being cleaned properly prior to installing the stripes and the second, is the fact that the pressure of the water at the car wash will do exactly what you said happened to any stripes. I have had this happen to me on Factory installed decals on a Chevy Truck I had a couple years ago. This is not a material issue, but a mishandling or improper installation. We cannot be responsible for something we had absolutely no control over. (The Install or the car wash process)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kris, I received your email. As far as us just sending a refund to you based upon you telling me the stripes came off in a car wash with no pictures attached, well, that's not going to happen. Also, we use brand new, fresh material for all the stripe kits we sell, and there have been many other kits cut from the same roll as your kit, and there have been no issues with any of them. There are two issues here, one, is a possibility of the surface not being cleaned properly prior to installing the stripes and the second, is the fact that the pressure of the water at the car wash will do exactly what you said happened to any stripes. I have had this happen to me on Factory installed decals on a Chevy Truck I had a couple years ago. This is not a material issue, but a mishandling or improper installation. We cannot be responsible for something we had absolutely no control over. (The Install or the car wash process)

Ok thank you for your consideration on this issue attached is a picture of part of the damage incurred at the car wash. I am sorry I assumed it was a material issue. I did so because I have vinyl on the hood of my car that has been through the same car wash over 100 times with out any issues. I will take this issue up with the car wash hopefully they will make things right.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Thanks bs... If its a quality vinyl, it shouldnt have chipped off like that. Surface prep doesnt look like the issue. Looks like the roll of vinyl that that particular set of stripes came off of was either jacked up from the manufacturer, or left somewhere where it was way too hot/way too cold/ in the sun. Even if it was an adhesion problem, that vinyl shouldnt be nearly that hard as to chip off in flakes. Id be a dissatisfied customer if i was you

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have had his (RiderGraphix) stripes and strobe decals on my car for three years now with no problems. However my baby is always hand washed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks bs... If its a quality vinyl, it shouldnt have chipped off like that. Surface prep doesnt look like the issue. Looks like the roll of vinyl that that particular set of stripes came off of was either jacked up from the manufacturer, or left somewhere where it was way too hot/way too cold/ in the sun. Even if it was an adhesion problem, that vinyl shouldnt be nearly that hard as to chip off in flakes. Id be a dissatisfied customer if i was you
I am a dissatisfied customer however I already see where this is going and I don't want to bash the guy or his business in a public forum. I did a google search and found it hasn't gotten other people very far so I was trying to be civil. Ideally I would like another set but may wait and have them made locally to prevent any issues. I don't like forum bashing

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have had his (RiderGraphix) stripes and strobe decals on my car for three years now with no problems. However my baby is always hand washed.
Exactly. Personally I don't have ridergraphix. I used vinyl that I would expect to be a much less quality product than what I would expect from a sponsored vendor, and have had no problems out of it. Hell, I got the stuff from a SIGN SHOP. I've put my car thru car washes every now and then as well. Still no problems. Even if the sprayers in the car wash were strong enough to peel the edge up, which they're not 99.999% of the time, the vinyl should not look like it chipped. It should still be pliable, especially considering its supposed to be "brand new" and it should have just peeled back and been flopping around. Should def NOT be brittle enough to chip. If rider doesn't realize that their product was jacked up and replace it, you can def count me and numerous other people out of ever purchasing anything from them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It's not bashing? If I bought something from a SPONSORED vendor, and something was messed up on their end, and they didn't fix it, I'd be raising holy hell. Holding suppliers responsible for the quality of their product is a must, ESPECIALLY on a close knit forum such as this, because if you don't call them out on it, they're gonna do it to someone else. And I wouldn't have even said anything, had I not seen the reply you PUBLICLY got from one of their reps.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.