Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,318 Posts
Danged wheel hop...

·
Registered
683 Posts
here's another oldie but goody:

I've seen a friend's Corvette gone wild, just like that. And he wasn't even racing. I've gone crazy on a TT Supra when I was young back in the 90s.

No shame is saying I don't want a car with greater than 300hp.

(Yes, I know the Challenger V6 is at 305hp).

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
358 Posts
With great power comes great responsibility, or at least some skill, and some can't handle it.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
So what happened there...obviously his rear end ejected, by what is the leading theory as to why?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
So what happened there...obviously his rear end ejected, by what is the leading theory as to why?
My guess would be drag radials with the stock, two piece drive shaft. It's my understanding that is a recipe for a deconstructed meal...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Perfect set up to ask this question. 20 years from now, when I upgrade to a create engine (let's say 400hp) for my SXT, do I need to upgrade the driveshaft? I don't want this to happen to me. Maybe the questions is: Is the driveshaft the same on a V6 vs a V8?

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
Perfect set up to ask this question. 20 years from now, when I upgrade to a create engine (let's say 400hp) for my SXT, do I need to upgrade the driveshaft? I don't want this to happen to me. Maybe the questions is: Is the driveshaft the same on a V6 vs a V8?
AFAIK the driveshafts are matched to the transmission, not the engine. So as long as your new engine bolted up to your transmission and that transmission handled the engine’s power, the driveshaft should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
My guess would be drag radials with the stock, two piece drive shaft. It's my understanding that is a recipe for a deconstructed meal...
what’s the problem, too much traction and too weak of a ujoint?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
what’s the problem, too much traction and too weak of a ujoint?
Exactly, and sticky tires function extremely well.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
I don't think anything actually broke, other than traction.
??? Did you watch the video?? Both rear wheels (and the connecting mechanism between them) told the rest of the car, “SEE YA!”

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
618 Posts
unibody car folks, no frame. Called torque boxes

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,371 Posts
??? Did you watch the video?? Both rear wheels (and the connecting mechanism between them) told the rest of the car, “SEE YA!”
Oh yeah, many times, BUT I though the comment was about the Vettes, as for the Mopar, I assumed a spring perch let go.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Because of the glare on the windshield, I can't see detail. Watched it frame by frame. The right wheel hopped 1st.. It certainly hopped high enough to look like it pole vaulted, but the rear assy stays on the ground

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,510 Posts
You know what, I bet that car was just starting to transform into something but the video only caught the beginning.

That’s all, it’s just a transformer!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Konstantin Leontyev: Dodge Challenger Transformer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts