Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle stopped by today...he has worked at the Marysville Honda plant for 20 years so has driven honda's almost ever since because of the employee discount (uses his motorcycle to get his kicks).
He took my '09 SRT out today and kept saying why can't honda make something like this...well not exactly because no heritage there, but the muscle and "fun" factor in a car!
Although his V6 accord can be considered chippy, he couldn't get over the power and sound as he rolled through the gears....mumbling a car that looks and sounds and gets up like the SRT could get him in allot of trouble!

So as he un-happily got back in his honda he said ... "that definitely is no Honda!" ... Thanks mr. obvious!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hondas are great if all you care about is hugging trees and saving gas.

If you want FUN, muscle car style and a rumble that'll wake the dead... Don't be looking at Japan, it's all Mopar!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
My uncle stopped by today...he has worked at the Marysville Honda plant for 20 years so has driven honda's almost ever since because of the employee discount (uses his motorcycle to get his kicks).
He took my '09 SRT out today and kept saying why can't honda make something like this...well not exactly because no heritage there, but the muscle and "fun" factor in a car!
Although his V6 accord can be considered chippy, he couldn't get over the power and sound as he rolled through the gears....mumbling a car that looks and sounds and gets up like the SRT could get him in allot of trouble!

So as he un-happily got back in his honda he said ... "that definitely is no Honda!" ... Thanks mr. obvious!
Nice. That made me chuckle.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Previously had a pretty heavily modded all motor Prelude (cams, etc). Loved that ride. Can't say enough good stuff about it. But yeah, they stopped making those in '01? NSX's in '05? Even the S2000's went the way of the dodo almost 2 years ago. Now with the quake/tsunami... who knows when we'll ever see any solid "sport" anything from 'em.

Not really comparable to the Challenger, but they definitely used to be some fun stuff. Sad to see 'em turn out like they have.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I bet he was surprised that you didn't have to put a 50:50 mix (rice:gas) in it too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts