Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling in to park at the local grocery store, had an interesting experience. I like to park away from other cars and also where I can see it when I walk back. So, I'm backing in to a parking space fairly far from the store entrance, with a straight shot look at the front of the car down the main parking aisle. As I'm backing the car in, I noticed another driver coming towards me in his car, and he's slowing down as he sees the Challenger. I finish parking, get out, and am walking toward his now stopped car about 15 feet from mine. He is eyeballing my car hard, rolls down his window, gives me a thumbs up, and says "that's about as bad as they get". Pretty nice compliment I thought!

I've got a 2014 RT Shaker in black, and have it lowered on Stage 1 springs. I removed the Shaker stripes from the roof, and left them on the hood and deck lid. I also removed the hemi emblem on each front fender and replaced them with the "R/T" emblem in red that comes on the RT Classic.

Care to share instances where people have commented or reacted about your Challenger?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just the other day I came up to a stop sign and a guy in a BMW, (perhaps a 335i? They all look the same to me) had his window down and gave me a thumbs up as he passed me. He was going a good 5 under and I was wanting to get home after a 13 hr day so when I turned the corner I went to step on it and this guy was still in front of me and the other lane was packed but I guess he stepped on it too cause I was doing 70 in 3rd gear before I noticed I was going too fast and should slow down. His Beemer was pretty quick, but as he pulled in the other lane to let me by he gave me another thumbs up and a big grin. Always nice to see people appreciate our cars!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
In the past 4 years I have had so many comments I have lost count lol but my most recent one that comes to mind is last week while at a stop light a guy got out of his car and comes up to mine and says "That is one cool ride" I say "thank you" and the light turns green while he is walking back to his car tying up traffic lol.

·
Premium Member
10,682 Posts
Pulling in to park at the local grocery store, had an interesting experience. I like to park away from other cars and also where I can see it when I walk back. So, I'm backing in to a parking space fairly far from the store entrance, with a straight shot look at the front of the car down the main parking aisle. As I'm backing the car in, I noticed another driver coming towards me in his car, and he's slowing down as he sees the Challenger. I finish parking, get out, and am walking toward his now stopped car about 15 feet from mine. He is eyeballing my car hard, rolls down his window, gives me a thumbs up, and says "that's about as bad as they get". Pretty nice compliment I thought!

I've got a 2014 RT Shaker in black, and have it lowered on Stage 1 springs. I removed the Shaker stripes from the roof, and left them on the hood and deck lid. I also removed the hemi emblem on each front fender and replaced them with the "R/T" emblem in red that comes on the RT Classic.

Care to share instances where people have commented or reacted about your Challenger?
Do you have pictures? That sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
First time I took it through the drive through on my lunch break had a few people at the Wendy's window comment it was a hot car. The cool/funny interaction was watching the 8 year old boy tug/jump while holding his mom's hand while pointing at the car repeatedly while they were walking to their car at the exit by the drive thru. The mom was embarrassed and trying to mouth an apology. I was thinking he just saw a full scale hot wheels at the Wendy's drive through, I'd have done the same thing at his age.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Purple is an uncommon color for a car, so it gets noticed a lot. I get stares, thumbs up and comments all the time. I've seen people stop dead in their tracks, jaws drop and then grin at the car at least once a week

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
My favorite was a story my daughter told me about a shopping trip with my grandson when he was 4. They were at a store and they came across a display with big Challenger toy car's. He told her that they should get a red one like grandpa's. Well she relented and bought him one. The next time I came over he was all happy showing me his new Challenger, then he went outside and "parked" his toy car in the driveway next to mine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had passing comments & thumbs up - the one 'unusual one' was in a grocery parking lot. As I'm walking to my R/T, a lady in BMW suddenly stops (cell phone still to ear), rolled down her window & like an excited little girl yells "what year is that?!"... I paused & said it's brand new (I assumed she thot it was a '70's car)... she looks puzzled, then drives off

·
Registered
947 Posts
When I got mine in 2009, Challengers were few and far between. And nobody had orange cars.

I was rolling through a parking lot and some kid about 5 was walking hand and hand with his dad. When the kid saw my car, he got all excited and starts yanking on his dad's arm and pointing to my car.

I thought how these Challengers bring the kid out in us all.......

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I've had passing comments & thumbs up - the one 'unusual one' was in a grocery parking lot. As I'm walking to my R/T, a lady in BMW suddenly stops (cell phone still to ear), rolled down her window & like an excited little girl yells "what year is that?!"... I paused & said it's brand new (I assumed she thot it was a '70's car)... she looks puzzled, then drives off
Similar experience at the gas station in town where i fuel up - It's just down the road from a retirement complex...

As I'm filling up last month, these two older gents out for a walk stop to admire the car and approach with huge smiles. The one says to me, "That's a fantastic restoration, did you do it yourself?". I replied that it's not restored and that it's only two years old. He looked perplexed and I don't think he believed me when I told him it's a 2012......

More proof that Dodge got it right! :D

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My favorite was a young man (13-15) in a minivan stopped beside me. Asks, "Does that have a HEMI?"

"Why yes it does!" I reply. When the light turns green, I demonstrate. At the next light he is actually jumping up and down in his seat while he and his family are laughing their butts off and giving a thumbs up.

I think a future Challenger owner was made that day. :icon_lol:

Reactions: PSM450

·
Registered
721 Posts
I get compliments all the time. Especially after I went with the new exhaust too.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
2008-10 was pretty crazy for all the positive comments...they still come but are fewer. Lost count on how many cool car type comments.
Best one however was a guy in late model Ferrari next to me in traffic giving my anemic little V6 a thumbs up

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I had a guy driving a late model 5 series BMW tell me my car was his dream car. True story.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've had numerous comments as well in my Hemi Orange 2010 SRT. The most memorable was coming home late after a concert and the car next to me at the light. The guy rolls down the window and says his GF will (sensored) me if she can drive it. I said "I am getting a (sensored) in 10 min and nobody drives this car but me! Then I burned rubber through the intersection. I still love my car after 4 years ownership.

Reactions: GreenBlack

·
Registered
256 Posts
The most memorable was coming home late after a concert and the car next to me at the light. The guy rolls down the window and says his GF will (sensored) me if she can drive it. I said "I am getting a (sensored) in 10 min and nobody drives this car but me! Then I burned rubber through the intersection.
Well played, sir. Well played.

I really love it when I pull up next to or drive by the Old School Muscle. Mustangs, Chevelles, Darts, its even cooler since at most there will be the nod between the drivers and the pop in the revs as cars and drivers acknowledge. If I pulll up and have a chance to talk I usually give them a thumbs up and call out something to the effect of "I hope mine is as nice as yours 30 years from now! Keep her on the road!"

There's a time to spin the tires and a time to just enjoy being on the road with other cool cars.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The best comment to date has to be when I was stopped at a traffic light. The girl in the Honda on my right yelled out to me...."I love your car.........It makes me Horny" I then noticed the guy sitting right next to her in the passenger seat. Also, in the back seat there were 3 kids.....wow...you can't make this stuff up...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had the thumbs up while waiting in traffic but the most interesting was when I took a look in my rearview mirror. The driver behind me at the traffic signal had her phone out and was taking a picture of the ass end of my jazz blue R/T. :p

·
Registered
471 Posts
Like others, mine gets noticed and complimented all the time. Just a couple of weeks ago a couple in an older Camaro pulled in at the same place I was eating at. I was walking with my wife back to the car after paying my bill and I saw the guy pull slowly behind my car and look and then pull beside it and look. Then he backed out and parked a few feet away. When I got to the car, he called out, "that's one nice ride! Plum Crazy right?" I said yep, thanks a lot. Makes you feel even more blessed to own such an awesome car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts