Dodge Challenger Forum banner

The 10 Most Anticipated Cars of SEMA

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BenchMarkVII 
#1 ·

The 2015 SEMA Show kicks off next week and the Las Vegas Convention Center will be packed with hundreds of the wildest modified rides.

While most high-profile projects are typically kept under wraps until the show opens its doors, some builders and automakers preview what they will showcase ahead of time. There’s a lot to be excited about this year based on what has already been announced, so AutoGuide.com has compiled a Top 10 list of the most anticipated cars of the 2015 SEMA Show.
See the complete Top 10 List and All of Our SEMA Show Coverage at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is the text from the article and a "teaser" photo of an AWD Challenger:

"Dodge teased this Challenger concept as part of its 2015 SEMA Show lineup and what really caught our eyes is the GT AWD badge on the spoiler. Considering the current Challenger is built on a modified version of the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 platform, an all-wheel drive Challenger wouldn’t be so difficult to create. You see, both the Charger and 300 models are offered with all-wheel drive, so why wouldn’t Dodge create the first factory-built, all-wheel drive muscle car? The big question will be what’s powering the Challenger GT AWD concept."

Attachments

#6 ·
With the AWD Challenger, I doubt they'd build it. It would be VERY difficult to price it in the model range where it would sell. You have the SPS at ~$40K, SRT at $50K, and HellCat at $60K. I doubt they'd be able to engineer an awd system capable of holding the torque of the HellCat engine and that's the only way they'd be able to justify $70K+ for the car. I don't know anyone who would pay more than the price of a HellCat for an AWD 392. It would be cool to see but I really doubt they'd be able to sell enough to justify the cost unless they introduced awd across the model range and even then the prices would be too close to make it worth it. A loaded R/T with the 5.7 is damn near $40K anyway, throw in AWD and you're squarely in SPS/SRT territory.

#7 ·
When I looked at ti I was disappointed that it appeared to be a R/T (hood was closed) as it has R/T brakes. I figure it was the off the shelf Charger AWD spindles/hubs in all 4 corners with some molded in fender flares.

I do nto see it being that way out to offer it as an oddball option, it is still available on the Chargers in v6 and R/t, and works well in the police interceptors.

As for the power capacity, from what I understand the trans is still based on the existing auto that is in the cars as we have them/the SRT cherokee. So it is doable...maybe not out of the box hellcat, but would be a huge traction advantage over mustangs and camaros.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.