Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mark your calendars, RWL11 Events will be presenting the 2017 Edition of Mopars on the Mountain. Lets see if we can beat the 140 car total from 2016. I am sure we will, so far I have about 185 signed up on the Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/events/249070135479477/?acontext={"ref":"4","feed_story_type":"308","action_history":"null"}

This is the annual cruise of Mopars up Mt St Helens. Open to all Modern and Classic Mopars. Hosted this year by RWL11 Events.
- 10:00am: Meet at the overflow parking lot for the Shell Gas station just off Exit 49 of I-5 (near Castlerock, WA)
- 10:30am: Roll out as a convoy for the fantastic drive through the twists and turns up Hwy 504 nonstop to the top. The time for "spirited driving" will be on your return trip.
- 11:30am: (ish) Arrive at Johnston Ridge. Stay as long as you wish here then drive solo or in groups back down after lunch.
- 12:00/1pm: The Johnston Ridge parking lot WILL be the official lunch spot! There is a Subway directly across the street, to the north, that will have their full menu available! They have been notified there may be extra business at 10 am for them. Or, bring a lunch and some chairs and small tables for the luncheon in the lot.
** Beware while speeding, ya never know where Police/Hwy Patrol/Park Patrols will be lurking.
** Last year, there was a lot of bicyclists on the road so be careful.
** Walkie Talkies are set to Channel 3.33 (Actual Frequency is 462.61250 / Sub Audio C-210.7). Cell phone reception is poor/non existent up top.
** While at the top, parking is free, entrance to the Visitor Center is $8 per adult. Fantastic views of Mt St Helens here.
** Bring water and food; there is food available at the Visitors Centers but it's not for everyone. Some folks buy their munchies at the Shell station/Quickie Mart prior to rolling out.
** If you want to try some hiking, bring appropriate attire and let someone know where you're going
Convoys from the north/south are typically coordinated here.
Spread the word and invite those I missed . And no need to register or anything we'll just see you there!

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
We have 185 people saying they are going, on the FB event page! Awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa, 219 now registered, with the mighty Western WA Mopars bringing 120 by themselves! This is gonna be good.

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This year's event was over the top, and here's some over the top photos for you. About 236 cars showed up, it was a blast!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car of the weekend, look at the wrap job on this Hellcat!

Attachments

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger SRT
13 Posts
This was so much fun, thanks for setting it up Roger and carrying the torch to keep it going year after year!

Next year I'd love to see shirts sold, I can help facilitate it a few months prior and take orders so we can mail them out before the MOTM. I'd also like to see Dodge FCA show up and send some marketing people there.

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's my rolling shot..........they are posted on Andrew Robb's photography page.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Group shot! Me leading the way...again! 236 strong.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was so much fun, thanks for setting it up Roger and carrying the torch to keep it going year after year!

Next year I'd love to see shirts sold, I can help facilitate it a few months prior and take orders so we can mail them out before the MOTM. I'd also like to see Dodge FCA show up and send some marketing people there.
THE Official 2018 Mopars on the Mountain EVENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE ACTIONS LISTED HERE: Our event posting clearly stated "Muscle Cars and Trucks". Well, the local Fiat 500 club is getting their feelings all hurt because we were not inviting their "Mopars", and have actually created their own event, at the same time, same place, and are going to crash our event. What a bunch of jerks. They even stole our event picture, which is property of the WWMM.

The WWMM said they did not want to be involved in the event because of these issues. So what do THEY do? After I cancel my event, THE Official 2018 Mopars on the Mountain FB page, they started their own event. So much for their support. Man, car clubs can be so exhausting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts