Dodge Challenger Forum banner

The 1320 Rear Differential Brace?

5K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  BlackHemi41 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
Since the 1320 Trim level is designed for Drag Racing, I'm wondering if from the factory it comes with some kind of Differential brace? Same goes with the Hellcats, I wonder if they come with something to eliminate or help eliminate Wheel hop? I heard this is one of the biggest factors in destroying your diff.

I'm learning about the Aftermarket braces and started to think about the 1320

#3 ·
I have a 1320 and not sure if it has a brace. I've been practicing line lock, trans brake, and launch control. Have not experienced wheel hop and have smoked the tires more than once...lol If I knew where the brace in question is located I don't mind taking a look for it.

#10 ·
I would not want to have the rear of the differential bolted to the subframe with no bushings unless the front of the housing was bolted in the same way. It seems that bolting it on only one end might allow the case to move in a way that is not allowed for in the design of the case, possibly causing breakage in a different place. Just my opinion, based on what I see on the picture above.

#16 ·
OMG!!!
My Heart would drop out if that happened to me. WOW.
I think people may modify without thinking about the drive train first. Especially if your adding power. The Cars are designed for Stock power and I'm assuming will handle that all day long at the track especially since Dodge basically tells you to head down and make some passes.

#18 ·
OMG!!!
My Heart would drop out if that happened to me. WOW.
I think people may modify without thinking about the drive train first. Especially if your adding power. The Cars are designed for Stock power and I'm assuming will handle that all day long at the track especially since Dodge basically tells you to head down and make some passes.
I am getting a TBA machine differential brace, stall converter, 1 piece drive shaft added this spring. Along with a couple minor exhaust mods., larger diameter mid pipes, hellcat cat back and electric exhaust cut outs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.