·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st JacksickSRT 9.80 at 137.83
2nd SRT5939 10.38 at 130.99
3rd [email protected] 10.64 at 129

All 3 cars run 6.1 with 2.8LC Kenne Bells

There should be no doubt in anyone's mind which Blower they should buy, the proof is right here in front of your eyes.

Yes there are other Challengers running big numbers but none of them are running fully loaded street trim 6.1's

All 3 of us will be going at it in Orlando you guys should come down and take some videos and see who comes out on top.

It could be anyone of us if the cars don't break it will be very interesting to see who is crowned top dog of the Kenne Bell 2.8LC.

This is going to be the Best event to date for the Kenne Bell Cars if all goes well Tim will have a couple of 3.6LC Kenne Bell cars running at Orlando, Jim Rubble car and Tout's car.
I will finally get to see a real 3.6LC Kenne Bell go down the track.

Lets get it on 17 more days till show time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Orlando

It'll also be neat to see how Twin Turbos, or NIKES, can hold up against them.:guiness::browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Wait a minute. What is considered street trim? Are upgraded half shafts considered street trim? Is a better tranny considered street trim? Upgraded Engine?

I mean I understand upgrades are inevitable when power starts to come on strong, but the lines to "street trim" start to get blurred.

I know I'm probably coming off as very ignorant but just help me out a bit. No harm intended.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Why would you limit it to 6.1s?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait a minute. What is considered street trim? Are upgraded half shafts considered street trim? Is a better tranny considered street trim? Upgraded Engine?

I mean I understand upgrades are inevitable when power starts to come on strong, but the lines to "street trim" start to get blurred.

I know I'm probably coming off as very ignorant but just help me out a bit. No harm intended.
Basicly a full weight car with all the accesories still intact. The AC power steering factory doors and glass. 4500lb car. That is considered a daily driver.

It's not limited to 6.1.
theres only a couple of other cars on the top 25 today all of them are race cars not daily driven street cars.
If you like I could list them with the mods or you could just go research it yourself like I did.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Yes, please take video for those of us that can't go!

·
Banned
165 Posts
I'll be there as a spectator, looking forward to watching you cats duke it out.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
street trim Is something you can drive,, safely, with everythting working.. I dont care if you have a million HP axles ect.. I think full wieght, maybe take the back seats out at the track ect.. Upgraded seats for saet ect olay.. Working headlights.. a radio and a full exhaust also.. For our cars I think to hold the title it should have a independent rear. headlights,that work real windows ect.. I think all of the guys listed have that in tact..
ill have the camera for the KB shootout

·
Registered
691 Posts
street trim Is something you can drive,, safely, with everythting working.. I dont care if you have a million HP axles ect.. I think full wieght, maybe take the back seats out at the track ect.. Upgraded seats for saet ect olay.. Working headlights.. a radio and a full exhaust also.. For our cars I think to hold the title it should have a independent rear. headlights,that work real windows ect.. I think all of the guys listed have that in tact..
ill have the camera for the KB shootout

Why would having an independant rear be a criteria? I could build an all motor car but elect to put a solid rear in it to prevent breakage. Is that any less of a street car than a Supercharged car with a independent rear? Neither car came like that from the factory.

Street cars in the 60's came with radio deletes,rear seat deletes etc... I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone what qualifies as a street car. One man's street car is another man's race car and vise versa.

Btw, nice run in your stick car...!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
691 Posts
1st JacksickSRT 9.80 at 137.83
2nd SRT5939 10.38 at 130.99
3rd [email protected] 10.64 at 129

All 3 cars run 6.1 with 2.8LC Kenne Bells

There should be no doubt in anyone's mind which Blower they should buy, the proof is right here in front of your eyes.

Yes there are other Challengers running big numbers but none of them are running fully loaded street trim 6.1's

All 3 of us will be going at it in Orlando you guys should come down and take some videos and see who comes out on top.

It could be anyone of us if the cars don't break it will be very interesting to see who is crowned top dog of the Kenne Bell 2.8LC.

This is going to be the Best event to date for the Kenne Bell Cars if all goes well Tim will have a couple of 3.6LC Kenne Bell cars running at Orlando, Jim Rubble car and Tout's car.

John, our car is not an LC... Tout' car won't make Florida, still waiting on heads...

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
When It comes to the nutt cutting the DOT has the last say in street legal. They say it's legal it's legal.
There are way to many ways to slice that pie for all of us to agree what is or isn't in this discussion.
I do think it needs to be a full weight car or 4000 lbs minimum.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Why would having an independant rear be a criteria? I could build an all motor car but elect to put a solid rear in it to prevent breakage. Is that any less of a street car than a Supercharged car with a independent rear? Neither car came like that from the factory.

Street cars in the 60's came with radio deletes,rear seat deletes etc... I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone what qualifies as a street car. One man's street car is another man's race car and vise versa.

Btw, nice run in your stick car...!:bigthumb:

100% disagree with you Tim. The rules are rules in a racing org. I am throwing a race in the Fall for a $5k payout. If you want to race for the $$ follow rules if not STAY HOME!

·
Registered
754 Posts

Is this for real?
Will we really see Rubble's car run?

·
Registered
691 Posts
100% disagree with you Tim. The rules are rules in a racing org. I am throwing a race in the Fall for a $5k payout. If you want to race for the $$ follow rules if not STAY HOME!
That is your choice. But you, as a individual have no right to tell me nor anyone else what qualifies as a street car out side of your race.

What I choose or anyone else chooses to drive on the street isn't dictated by a few who don't like it. Thats all I'm saying.

And last time I checked this thread wasn't about your race. I think you are in the wrong thread bro...

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Tim rules are rules not sure if you ever entered a National even before? But in NMRA they have the same type of street car rules. A street car is full interior with a IRS if the car came with it from the factory.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Look at the pump gas drags. These guys drive 1000's of miles and then click off 7's and 8's. Thats a street car for ya.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Just a little food for thought why don't you look at the mileage on these cars to see if they really are a street car. I bet most of them are driven more on a race track than the street. Karls car is a real street car with 50,000 plus miles on it how many miles do you guys have on your street/race cars?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Street equipment: All competitors must have current street registration, a legal rear license plate with current registration decal, current proof of insurance, and a current driver's license. No dealer or manufacturer plates allowed. The VIN on the car must match the VIN on all associated paperwork. The following are required: working headlights, taillights, brake lights, turn signals, and horn, and a safety-glass windshield. Side windows must roll up and down in the manner designed by the factory. Full hoods are required on all entries including hood sides on street rods. Non-OE-style, forward-facing hood scoops are not allowed. Blowers, turbos, and tunnel-rams may protrude through hoods.

Safety: Competitors must meet NHRA safety requirements for the quarter-mile speed and/or e.t. the vehicle is capable of. You will not be invited to the Pump Gas Drags(TM) if your vehicle clearly does not meet safety rules, i.e., no roll bar or roll cage. NHRA safety rules will be enforced by the Memphis Motorsports Park tech inspector. During tech inspection each car will be assigned a lowest legal e.t.; cars that run quicker than their tech'd e.t. in qualifying or eliminations will be disqualified.

Engine: The engine must be a gasoline four-stroke piston or rotary type. Only one engine may be used. The engine must be self-starting, unassisted by a person other than the driver.

Exhaust: Mufflers are required; the exhaust system must extend past the rear edge of the rearmost side door. All exhaust gases released from the engine must pass through mufflers (turbo waste gates excepted). Cars may not be uncorked in any way during competition.

Tires: The entire competition must be run on one set of four tires. The drive tires must be DOT-legal drag slicks, such as Mickey Thompson ET Streets or DOT-treaded drag radials, such as Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials. DOT slicks must have tread that is no wider than 11 1/4inches as measured with a go/no-go gauge. Shaving tread edges to pass tech is not allowed, so make sure to measure your tread width before you leave home. There are no size limitations for treaded drag-radial tires.

Chassis and suspension: No full-tube-chassis cars allowed. Rear suspension is open. Frames must be OE stock ahead of the firewall, though bolt-on aftermarket sub-frames, K-members, and coilover conversions are allowed as long as they will bolt to stock suspension and frame pickup points. Wheelie bars are not allowed.

Interior: The following items are required: carpet covering the full floor and tunnel ahead of the rear edge of the front seats, upholstered door panels, a full OE dashboard frame, upholstered driver and passenger seats in the stock locations, and a steering column in the conventional location. The driver must be able to enter and exit the vehicle unassisted.

Gasoline: The only fuel allowed during competition is the Rockett Brand spec gasoline that will be supplied. This is a 93-octane fuel. Cars are to be delivered to tech inspection with empty gas tanks and fuel lines; it is mandatory that fuel systems be fitted with a drain hose or petcock to easily verify that the entire system is empty. Any tools required to verify that the entire fuel system is empty must be provided by the racers during tech inspection. Fuel systems, including return lines, may be required to be flushed with Rockett Brand gas at the race director's discretion. Once empty, each car will be supplied a maximum of 10 gallons of Rockett Brand spec gas, and the fuel tank will be sealed. Any competitor caught adding fuel or caught with a supplemental fuel system or a broken seal will be disqualified. Octane boosters or fuel additives of any kind are not allowed. The only substances that may be injected into the engine are Rockett Brand spec gasoline, water, and nitrous oxide. Alcohol injection is not allowed. A fuel check of the winning cars will be required.​

Minimum weight: No car may weigh less than 3,300 pounds with driver at any time during competition. Cars will weigh-in after the qualifying round, and winners will weigh-in after each round of eliminations. Make sure to check your car's weight well before race day and remember that you will have less than 10 gallons of gas in the car by the end of race day.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Tim rules are rules not sure if you ever entered a National even before? But in NMRA they have the same type of street car rules. A street car is full interior with a IRS if the car came with it from the factory.

Yes I have been to a lot of FFW's and NMRA races. My point, once again, is you, I nor anyone can tell another individual what a street car is to them..

And in NMRA true street just requires stock style suspension,and there is NO weight limit.. Once Dodge released the Drag Pak car with a solid rear as a factory built car it THEN made the solid axle approved by the NHRA (king of Drag racing events) as a legal rear in a Factory Super Stock drag race.

I have had plenty of customers run NMRA True Street in 03 cobra's with a 8.8 swap in them.

NMRA DIGITAL - Official NMRA Rule Book

So George, your point is incorrect about the rearend and weight in a lot of street class racing.. Only classes that have suspension limitations and weights are the heads up classes or a special race you/other promoter puts on.

Again tho, no one person can tell me nor anyone else what is considered a daily driven street car. Only person that can do that is the DOT, and guess what, my race car was tagged and street legal in GA because we had no DOT nor emissions in my county.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my car is a daily driver has just over 21000 miles.

Tim how come no LC?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts