Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Count me in for this. I met some of you guys at PIR last night. I had 1 of the 2 GCM SP's there.
What is the name of FB page I need to friends request? Cant remember for the life of me!
Click on the link near the bottom of the first post........no need to register or anything we'll just see you there!

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
me ('12 SRT) and my buddy ('10 SRT) will be attending. Do we have to sign up or register or can we just show up? We'll be coming from the east side of the state.
no need to register or anything we'll just see you there! Bring a lunch.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Does anybody have the convoy info for those of us coming down from the North? Last year the meeting places/times were posted on the LX forum, but I can't find anything ...... any where this year! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Does anybody have the convoy info for those of us coming down from the North? Last year the meeting places/times were posted on the LX forum, but I can't find anything ...... any where this year! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The only thing I've seen is on the open Facebook page mentioned in the first post of this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/events/820203471394316/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming&source=1

Southbound Mt. St. Helens convoy
Start: Everett rest area, just south of Everett mall exit
We will depart there at 0630
Stop #1 arrive 0715ish at southcenter mall @ lowes parking lot
101 Andover park E
Seattle Wa 98188
We will leave at 0745
Stop 2: arrive 0815 at 512 park and ride; exit 127 off I5
Depart 0830
Stop 3: arrive at final destination castle rock, wa shell and pacific pride overflow parking lot

If you are wanting to cruise but not planning to meet at any of these stops let us know where we should plan to see you and if you have a radio so we can tell you as we get close to your exit. Also we have recently found a great app for phones called Zello, works like a walking talkie but much clearer, if you want to use it, after downloading look for Nitwits channel. If your sticking with radios the channel is 3.33
Look forward to seeing everyone, if your going to the mt St. Helens cruise don't miss this convoy down, it's a lot of fun and definitely adds to the whole experience!

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Northbound Convoy: Meet at Vancouver Mall near Macy's around 8:15 am. Hang out until 8:45 or so and make the drive up to Castle Rock together.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
What time do you think the south bound convoy will be passing the I-5; hiway 12 junction where the Spiffy's Am/Pm is?
I live in PDX, so I have no idea what exit that is on I-5. Figure it out by assuming that if they leave the scheduled places on time, figure out how many miles it is from one of those stops and your exit. At 60MPH, it'd be 1 mile per minute. Get there a little early just in case they have put the hammer down while on their way. Hang near the onramp, and when they fly buy, put your foot into it and catch up!

"Southbound Mt. St. Helens convoy
Start: Everett rest area, just south of Everett mall exit
We will depart there at 0630
Stop #1 arrive 0715ish at southcenter mall @ lowes parking lot
101 Andover park E
Seattle Wa 98188
We will leave at 0745
Stop 2: arrive 0815 at 512 park and ride; exit 127 off I5
Depart 0830
Stop 3: arrive at final destination castle rock, wa shell and pacific pride overflow parking lot

If you are wanting to cruise but not planning to meet at any of these stops let us know where we should plan to see you and if you have a radio so we can tell you as we get close to your exit. Also we have recently found a great app for phones called Zello, works like a walking talkie but much clearer, if you want to use it, after downloading look for Nitwits channel. If your sticking with radios the channel is 3.33
Look forward to seeing everyone, if your going to the mt St. Helens cruise don't miss this convoy down, it's a lot of fun and definitely adds to the whole experience!"

I will head over to the LX forum site later, and add these NB/SB convoy information.

Last I checked the FB page, we had 145!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay, so by my calculations, they should be rolling by Spiffy's at 9:30ish., so we'll be there at 9:00 just in case their rate of travel is...shall we say "spirited". We'll be on the side of the hiway in an orange and black SRT and a jet black SRT with a radio tuned to 3.33. Looking forward to seeing a lot of sweet challengers.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Okay, so by my calculations, they should be rolling by Spiffy's at 9:30ish., so we'll be there at 9:00 just in case their rate of travel is...shall we say "spirited". We'll be on the side of the hiway in an orange and black SRT and a jet black SRT with a radio tuned to 3.33. Looking forward to seeing a lot of sweet challengers.
From the FB events page, here's a link to their Zello page, some kind of online CB communication deal. Never heard of it, just thought I'd share it with you: Nitwits channel

Your posting was put up on the FB page, so they will be looking for you! :guiness:

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just checked the FB page: 165 cars, holy moly! The videos and drone shots will be awesome. :guiness:

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
477 Posts
OK locals, where is a good place in the SW area of PDX to wash my baby? Either self serv or a good no touch. She has about 2000 miles of road on her.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Jeff, near Montgomery Park, there's a Quarter car wash at this address:
2925 NW Nicolai St
Portland, OR 97210
Use the stall on the far left, it usually only requires 75 cents or a dollar, despite it saying $2.50. Bring quarters, the change machine is usually broken, and the party store next to it won't give you change. OR, you could stop by my house just south of downtown and use my hose and car cleaning products. I will PM you my phone number.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Had a great time also, great to meet so many nice folks who are passionate about their cars. Very organized and nobody was "that guy".

Enjoyed being the pilot car running from Battle Creek to Castle Rock. Tried to keep it at 90. Big thank you to RWL11 for making this happen.

Rainier next??

Attachments

21 - 40 of 48 Posts