Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
For every one guy who complains about a car having a coat hook, there will be ten complaining when Dodge deletes it.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Much like a gun, better to have it and not need it...

·
Registered
438 Posts
This whole thread is failing to "read the room." Understand that many people who own cars that MSRP for $50k+ are white collar and office gig types and know exactly what those hooks are for.
Lmao 34, I work in a plant with a $50k+ SCWB & I know what there used for but the thread was asking y there still in cars. I don't need them but I'm not everyone. I don't put on a suite nor have dry cleaning. I'm pretty positive that the question of what they are isn't a factor here its more of at the start why are they still in there. Lol read the posts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Where I’m from you wear a suit and tie to a wedding and that hook does get used. I’ve been to weddings in other states and they couldn’t dress any more casually if they tried so it’s not a needed item for them.
We all have different jobs and ways to dress for them. My brother works from home for a major software company and in jeans and a t-shirt can earn about $450,000 a year.
To him a car is an appliance, just a means of transportation and that’s it. Must be nice...

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
413 Posts
Not often, but regular enough... I show up at some event where I want to look classy. That's why I am driving a cool badass car. I should look like I belong with said vehicle. And sometimes that means hanging my pressed suit jacket on a hook in the rear seat.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,659 Posts
Yur SUV/van does all that n then some. Every piece of clothing does not hang down freely in that cramped space.

Is your Challenger relegated to a clothing hauler? We have evolved....barely. So, itz time:

C’mon auto industry………..send out the memo like you did in the old days:

“Get Rid Of The S.O.B.’s, but don’t pass on the cost savings!!
So you're buying me a SUV or a Van? Because I have one vehicle, and it's a Challenger

A Guy

·
Registered
438 Posts
So you're buying me a SUV or a Van? Because I have one vehicle, and it's a Challenger

A Guy
Hell yeah! I'm in just ignor the other 5 Mopars in the driveway. Lol. I want the new Durango with the 6.2 supercharged

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
you all are soooo funny :LOL:
I guess you for got the hooks are to properly hang and place your shirt or towel or blanket to cover the side windows so that you and your Queen can Boogy in the back seat and no one can see you.:oops::eek::geek::devilish::love::p:cool:
Not me though, I can barely fit back there myself. ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
you all are soooo funny
I guess you for got the hooks are to properly hang and place your shirt or towel or blanket to cover the side windows so that you and your Queen can Boogy in the back seat and no one can see you.:oops::eek::geek::devilish::love::p:cool:
Not me though, I can barely fit back there myself. ;)
Omg I didn't think of that where I have blacked out windows. OK I'm on the for the hooks side now. I'm 6'3" & she's 6' but its part of the fun playing back seat twister.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
When traveling in the winter from our southern home to our northern home for the holidays, I hang my cold weather coat on the hook. I'll need it as we stop along the way the further north we get; but, I don't want to wear it in the car. The dog enjoys the back seat so I don't want him to use it as a pillow or a bed. Yes, in late December I travel from coastal SC to IL. I am one old dumbass SOB.

Reactions: 2015SXT

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,991 Posts
That is where you hang your work clothes on the way to work, (typed from my bedroom in clothes I had on yesterday since I haven't been in the office since 3/6/2020, and we aren't returning, full time WFH now)

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Hell yeah! I'm in just ignor the other 5 Mopars in the driveway. Lol. I want the new Durango with the 6.2 supercharged

But what if it has a hanger hook, would you not buy it? Haha.

Clint

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
413 Posts
That's when u use them not in a musle car...
I am quite surprised, given how innovative and driven this community is, that no one has come up with a "Coat Hanger Delete Mod". There certainly seems to be ample demand. Maybe one of the aftermarket vendors could produce a kit, complete with color printed instructions, that shows how to remove the coat hanger and replace it with nice piece of billett. Document some before & after dyno runs to see how much horsepower this mod generates.

And maybe, just maybe, we can convince Dodge to produce a special go-even-faster "1320 model with coat hanger delete" from the factory. Just for the really serious racers, of course.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am quite surprised, given how innovative and driven this community is, that no one has come up with a "Coat Hanger Delete Mod". There certainly seems to be ample demand. Maybe one of the aftermarket vendors could produce a kit, complete with color printed instructions, that shows how to remove the coat hanger and replace it with nice piece of billett. Document some before & after dyno runs to see how much horsepower this mod generates.

And maybe, just maybe, we can convince Dodge to produce a special go-even-faster "1320 model with coat hanger delete" from the factory. Just for the really serious racers, of course.
yeah & have them start putting neon light under them. That ads 10hp or a bigger wheels yeah that's like 20 hp. Smh. Lol I really didn't see them till I got in my car yesterday. Lol I just whent "ha" & drove home really.

21 - 40 of 126 Posts