Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am quite surprised, given how innovative and driven this community is, that no one has come up with a "Coat Hanger Delete Mod". There certainly seems to be ample demand. Maybe one of the aftermarket vendors could produce a kit, complete with color printed instructions, that shows how to remove the coat hanger and replace it with nice piece of billett. Document some before & after dyno runs to see how much horsepower this mod generates.

And maybe, just maybe, we can convince Dodge to produce a special go-even-faster "1320 model with coat hanger delete" from the factory. Just for the really serious racers, of course.
I guess we could special order one like that. It take top priority then. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
TIME IS UP!!! ⏱

Thanks to all who provided comments and insights. I knew this would get the gambit of opinions.

24 hours is enough for this subject........please remove this discussion, we've got better things to do with our brilliant minds. :cool::cool::cool:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,659 Posts
Oh no, you started this, it will live it's own life now

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Billet SXT Plus
23 Posts
TIME IS UP!!! ⏱

Thanks to all who provided comments and insights. I knew this would get the gambit of opinions.

24 hours is enough for this subject........please remove this discussion, we've got better things to do with our brilliant minds. :cool::cool::cool:
Ah come on, im enjoying it!😄

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
TIME IS UP!!! ⏱

No, we don’t, haha.

Clint

Reactions: Steeler and vpzyck

·
Premium Member
9,459 Posts
Just wait, I’m sure this topic isn’t done...
These things have a life of their own.

Clint

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
250 Posts
I am quite surprised, given how innovative and driven this community is, that no one has come up with a "Coat Hanger Delete Mod". There certainly seems to be ample demand. Maybe one of the aftermarket vendors could produce a kit, complete with color printed instructions, that shows how to remove the coat hanger and replace it with nice piece of billett. Document some before & after dyno runs to see how much horsepower this mod generates.

And maybe, just maybe, we can convince Dodge to produce a special go-even-faster "1320 model with coat hanger delete" from the factory. Just for the really serious racers, of course.
Hmmm, this is dangerous....I'm a bit nutty when it comes to weight reduction, and now you've convinced me to make my own "1320 model with coat hanger delete". I think I might even make a video of it! lol That 4 ounces is going to make all the difference!

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,326 Posts
Hmmm, this is dangerous....I'm a bit nutty when it comes to weight reduction, and now you've convinced me to make my own "1320 model with coat hanger delete". I think I might even make a video of it! lol That 4 ounces is going to make all the difference!
Will the Coat Hanger Delete Mod require any AlfaOBD intervention? :unsure:

Reactions: moparnoother

·
Registered
438 Posts
Will the Coat Hanger Delete Mod require any AlfaOBD intervention? :unsure:

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,659 Posts
Will this be for SRT only?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
413 Posts
Will this be for SRT only?
Initially, yes, of course. Probably a special racing edition that eliminates every ounce of extra weight. Then, in subsequent years, it will be an option on the higher end models. Eventually you will be able to get a base V6 with no other options except the "Coat Hanger Delete" for an extra $1.

But that is a bit presumptuous on my part. This could end up being a dealer installed option - a modern "Yenko" if you will. That would make it very rare. Long after we are gone, there could be Barrett-Jackson auctions where the highly coveted "Coat Hanger Delete" survivor cars carry a premium at auction....with documentation and provenance, of course. After the racing potential of this mod is uncovered, purists would be on the alert for 'fakes' which were altered later on. Only genuine documented cars would command such a high market price.

41 - 60 of 126 Posts