Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

Premium Member
See, I told you this is far from a finished topic,馃ぃ

Premium Member
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
Discussion Starter #62
OK.......letz trade. Delete those stupid hangar hooks and give me a trunk pull handle. Trunks get used a helluva lot more.

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Mine has a trunk closing device from the factory

A Guy

Reactions: 6.4Mike

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
The arrows were in the sky, just happened to park the car there...

A Guy

Premium Member
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
Discussion Starter #67
Ahhhh........so thatz where you have to park to close yur trunk? I just use the bottom ridge of the tail lights to close it.

Registered
2018 Billet SXT Plus
OK.......letz trade. Delete those stupid hangar hooks and give me a trunk pull handle. Trunks get used a helluva lot more.
I added an aftermarket trunk pull strap - works perfectly...

TRUNK PULLS
Not to hijack this awesome thread, but....

...because of Covid they have been closed up for months. I got so tired of reaching up and grabbing the top of the spoiler, I made my own. Works killer...

Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
Not to hijack this awesome thread, but....

...because of Covid they have been closed up for months. I got so tired of reaching up and grabbing the top of the spoiler, I made my own. Works killer... View attachment 999591
In all actuality....thanks for hijacking the thread as well as sharing your trunk pull.

It鈥榮 members like you (and me) with ADHD that keeps select threads within this site spiraling out of control, on an as-needed basis. I鈥檓 sure @Jeffroeson will be appreciative as well. :geek:

Reactions: UPNATM 18

Premium Member
Initially, yes, of course. Probably a special racing edition that eliminates every ounce of extra weight. Then, in subsequent years, it will be an option on the higher end models. Eventually you will be able to get a base V6 with no other options except the "Coat Hanger Delete" for an extra $1.

But that is a bit presumptuous on my part. This could end up being a dealer installed option - a modern "Yenko" if you will. That would make it very rare. Long after we are gone, there could be Barrett-Jackson auctions where the highly coveted "Coat Hanger Delete" survivor cars carry a premium at auction....with documentation and provenance, of course. After the racing potential of this mod is uncovered, purists would be on the alert for 'fakes' which were altered later on. Only genuine documented cars would command such a high market price.
So it could be some thing like the DEMONS had? For a buck $, Dodge will sell you a pass side seat or a pair of hooks maybe? :unsure:o_O:oops:;)

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
1 hook stock, the 2nd for a $1

A Guy

Premium Member
so you could save $$$ with just the 1 hook, just move it to the side that you are going to use? :geek::eek:

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
The sticker on the door would show only 1 hook installed, but not which side, so sure

A Guy

Premium Member
just imagine the frustration a person would feel if at the time of purchasing the new vehicle and then later finding out that the Hook in question has been installed on the opposite side of the car to which the buyer had intended to use for his many needs as a Hook user. [ put that in your coffee and stir ] :eek::cry::sick:;)

Premium Member
I added an aftermarket trunk pull strap - works perfectly...

TRUNK PULLS
Did the same. It's great.

BTW, there will be no need for the coat hanger delete option. I expect the corporate bean counters to take care of it on their own as they are always deleting something somebody likes just to save 23 cents/vehicle.

Reactions: GSBrockman

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop

Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
...because of Covid they have been closed up for months....
My guess is they folded and the website is still active. Front page of their site mentions they are in Washington state. Microsoft is in the office, Boeing is making planes, Starbucks is brewing coffee... Sure the initial shut down halted a bunch of stuff. But any business which has plans to re-open has done so.

I just got back from a weekend trip to the east side of WA state. Around 80% of the people I interacted with were going about their business and not giving the governor power to control their personal lives. Government only exists with the willful consent of the governed. I found the weekend refreshing.

Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
Will deleting the hooks from a v6 make it sound like a v8? Asking for a friend

61 - 79 of 79 Posts