Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Bad, Billet Technology.

I ordered a fully etched Mopar fuse cover. It took 4 weeks plus to get it, but that's understandable since I assume they are made to order. They also take your money at time of the order not at the time of shipping like other vendors with long lead times. I received the product with big scratches across the front of the fully etched M. I e-mailed pictures to BT and told them that I was disappointed with the scratches and their reply was not to be disappointed and that all their fully etched images had these scratches on them.

My response was to post warnings on their web site with pictures, so the consumer knows what their getting when they pay for this expensive option. I would not have purchased the item if I would of known it would have these blemishes. I asked for a partial discount to cover my cost to get it fixed from my local plating company.. BT response was that they wouldn't discount the product and If I sent it back I would not get a full refund , I would only get a partial (shipping & handling, $40). At least four e-mails went back and forth trying to resolve this issue.

I posted below the picture of what BT say is "normal" and I also posted a picture of the fuse cover after I had to pay someone else to fix it. I think for the kind of money BT charges they should deliver a product without scratches across the face, or at least warn the customer about them.

Out of the Box from BT:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Billet tech Fuse Box cover

After I paid to get it fixed

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I ordered the same thing and it came flawless.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had to drill and tap an extra hole and install an extra allen set screw on both the coolant and oil cap to keep them from fall off all the time,,One allen don't cut it,,,To bad they don't back there product ,,,

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
i have had mixed reviews with them.. i have some black door jam inserts that fly cutter marks.. and i just got the pop can cover inserts that go up front and one had a nick in it and they used a black sharpie to try to fill it in and be sly lol really.

not to mention i waited 3 months for them lol.. not cool. typical i guess of most companys now a days.. less about product.. more about volume. the way of the world i guess

·
Registered
287 Posts
Heck 4 weeks delivery thats rare my order on 1/2/2014 Still in the works and it was plain and just polished ,No engraving or anodizing. oh and Alex there well .........

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Ordered an engine dress up kit and fuse box cover through speedlogix. Ordered on Nov 27 and 15weeks later they are still not done the order. Very disappointed with BT and they only reply to half of my emails.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the same thing and it came flawless.
BT, told me they all look like the one I posted and it's normal to have big lines across the face. They even sent me pictures of other products with big lines running across them.

You must be special or blind or both LOL

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I received another E-mail from Nick C at Billet Technology. His official comment was:

" There is nothing wrong with our product except that is not up to your specifications"

I guess that means go pound sand. I didn't think I was asking for too much, a full refund including shipping or a discount to get the gouges taken out.
You would think that they would compromise since I've spent over a thousand dollars over the years and my car is at all the major events showing off their product.

Short sighted if you ask me.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I want thank Challenger Talk for posting this and not editing anything!

·
Administrator
3,749 Posts
In the interest of fairness and complete transparency I don't see a point in continuing this thread. I merged your other thread into this one as I felt it was intended to stir more controversy. From what I've read on another site you've been given a plausable reason for the cause that has been generally accepted as being normal machining tooling. You could have posted BT is more than willing to work with you and provided THAT update from yesterday in this thread rather than leaving it on a negative giving the impression you were told to go pound sand.

On this site non supporting vendors cannot give their side of the story and that's just the way it is. Heidi understands this, but it is unfair to paint this vendor in the light you have where she cannot defend her company here when she has communicated to you elsewhere she is reaching out to you. You could have provided those updates on this site yet you chose not to do so.

Bernie

·
Administrator
3,749 Posts
Thread reopened temporarily to allow the OP to make a final statement.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Billet technologies just reached out to me again and made things right! I was just not speaking to the right person. They are going to make a few changes on the web site and post my comments about the machining lines so customers will be more informed.
I like that!!

Every business has issues from time to time. What separates the good companies from the bad is how they address them.

Thank you Billet Technologies for addressing mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.