Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392 A8
92 Posts
I'm loving Chemical Guys. It works awesome for getting the drag radial pieces off the rear quarters as well!

Reactions: scatpackfrank15

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
A good ceramic to improve resistance, and a Novistretch. Easy cleanup. No bugs in radiator which has difficult access.
Tire Wheel Car Sky Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,440 Posts
Stoner Tarminator

It’s an aerosol, so using it and getting it into the right spots is much easier than a pump spray bottle of whatever. Plus, it’s strong enough to get rid of most any bug guts and even works great for Plasti-dip Mulligans!

But if the job is so serious that no mere mortal Bug and Tar spray will do the trick, Surf City Garage has a product called Road Grime Destroyer or something like that. It comes in a clear pump spray bottle and the liquid is a pinkish color, but don’t let that fool you! That stuff will break up road paint if you leave it to sit long enough!!

I honestly haven’t found much that I needed the SCG stuff for, as the Tarminator handles everything I get into here. But as I understand it, something really bad like the infamous love bugs down in Florida might be just the problem that the SCG stuff is made to take care of…

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
If it's hard to remove, this is strong, but 100% paint safe

I don't have to deal with bugs much, and washed almost every week so no tar either

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
Driving at 60+ MPH during a rain STORM is the best I have found. Everything else is a fail, or too harsh.
For windshields, I use rain-x fluid which keeps that glass coated (but not perfectly clear) and bugs don't stick to it much.

Reactions: Parrott_350

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
My favorite. Just spray on microfiber and wipe away.
Works great on bird droppings too!
Bottle Cabinetry Alcoholic beverage Wood Gas

·
Registered
112 Posts
I made the mistake of going out driving at night...once.

I will be watching this thread with great interest.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
PPF and Ceramic and that stuff just wipes right off.
It's amazing!

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
another one that works (and cheap) is get mineral spirits from the home improvement store - like many of the tar remover products, you'll have to re-apply waxes as it will remove them.

Don't know about ceramic coatings and how they hold up to bug / tar remover chemicals.

a lot of the states will be doing repave projects - especially the ones that get significant winters and with the hot summertime temps on that drive - there's going to be a lot of freshly applied asphalt that the tires will sling tar onto the car

another tip - get PPF at a minimum for the front bumper, front flares and rear flares. Otherwise you're going to see stone chips on them. The flat WB front nose is prone to getting them...you don't want to spend the next several years noting that your recently acquired Challenger looks like bb-gun pellets hit the front after a cross--country trip

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another one that works (and cheap) is get mineral spirits from the home improvement store - like many of the tar remover products, you'll have to re-apply waxes as it will remove them.

Don't know about ceramic coatings and how they hold up to bug / tar remover chemicals.

a lot of the states will be doing repave projects - especially the ones that get significant winters and with the hot summertime temps on that drive - there's going to be a lot of freshly applied asphalt that the tires will sling tar onto the car

another tip - get PPF at a minimum for the front bumper, front flares and rear flares. Otherwise you're going to see stone chips on them. The flat WB front nose is prone to getting them...you don't want to spend the next several years noting that your recently acquired Challenger looks like bb-gun pellets hit the front after a cross--country trip
@Hal H Highline Customs in Beaverton hooked me up with all that 2 days after I got her.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
@Hal H Highline Customs in Beaverton hooked me up with all that 2 days after I got her.

View attachment 1024649
good move since there's some much crap on the crappy PNW roads - got more stone chips in the first two years there vs. 8 in CA

also be on the watch for "road gators"
- I can tell when the weather warms up around here - there's a LOT of tire tread carcasses shed from semi trucks. and I've even seen steel "tumbleweeds" when the tire was so disintegrated that the metal bead literally was a tumbleweed on the interstate

hit one of those at it can rip the spoiler, damage the facia and the front fenders if it tears the facia away from the car - its happened to people around here

1 - 17 of 17 Posts