Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got two custom dash mats for our his and hers Challengers. Got the supplier's name from EliteTechneek, (thanks again Matt!). They are from dash topper and are perfect. I returned a dashmat brand dash mat, it was a piece of crap and it had a large flap cut into it for the passenger air bag to supposedly deploy through. Dashmat brand is a loser, Dash Topper is the winner in quality, fit and finish. Got alot of custom colors for the script if you want to personalize it. Here they are! They are right out the box and will lay a little flatter with some time and the folds will go away, First Class!

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
lookin good!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
How does this new Dash Topper look in terms of passenger airbag usage? Are there accommodations in the design for it?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks nice do you have a phone number of them and is there name dash topper,Thanks for your help If you do not mind how much are they Thanks HEMIB5BLUE

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dash mat brand that I returned had a huge flap cut into it for the airbag, not edged, and was already curling up at the edges, looked like crap. Unless the dash mat is glued to the dash the explosive force of the passenger airbag will dislodge any dash cover in a micro second. Having a flap for the bag to deploy through is a joke, probably a liability issue from a lawyer. I simply tucked the dash mat's forward edge of the dash topper between the windshield and the dash. It will slightly wedge in there and thats enough to hold it in place. I didn't use the velcro that came with it. I guess if you like the windows down and drive around in crosswinds the velcro may help but I never had any issue with it just laying there. The dash topper is simply a quality product that fits great. As far as the airbag I think I would rather get hit in the face with a couple of ounces of velour that a fabric airbag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts