Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Questions as posed in the title of this thread, I am looking to add high flow cats to my 2013 R/T, which are considered the best? will they throw trouble codes once installed?

I will be using in conjunction with the JBA shorties.

Another question....If I went with long tube headers what happens to the cats? Will I get trouble codes with the long tubes?

I am really favoring the shory design with the high flows, I don't want to mess with emissions on this and am looking for simplicity.

Thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I currently have Magnaflow high flow catted mids on my 2012 R/T and haven't threw any codes. Not sure on if they're any better/worse than the JBA high flows.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Suggest you consider using 6.1/392 OEM manifolds and mid pipes. Then either adapting to your cat back or better yet, using a cat back for an SRT. This will give you larger manifold outlet, higher flow cats and pipe sizes. IE: better flow. Should not throw codes.
SRT manifolds and mid pipes can be found on the forums for considerably less money than new shorties and high flows that won't flow as good.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
aj from arrington is the guy tuning my blower car.. i asked about HIGH FLOW cats like magnaflow.. he said it isn't worth my time.. take that for what it is.

·
Registered
577 Posts
And FWIW, I flow tested another popular brand of High Flow mid pipes against the OEM SRT mids. I am using the OEM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts