Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 scat pack shaker with a manual transmission and it came with Goodyear Eagle 245/45/ ZR 20 - Y 99 From the factory. I am ready for four new tires I was wondering if there is a better tire that would help set the car off a little more and fill out my fender wells a little more? I’m not sure what’s available out there or what most people are doing? It has a small body style since that’s all that was available in 2016 but I was wondering if I could go up with the first two numbers to whatever without having the tires rub and without affecting performance or handling? Would something like a 275/55/ ZR 20 -y 99 be a possibility or is there a tire even made that size? And if so is that sort of what I’m looking for. I need all the feedback I can get on this because once I buy them there’s no turning back after that. And please take a look at the photos of my car because I am extremely proud of it and paid North of $50,000 for it due to all the options that are added .. I just want the new tires to sort of set the car off and make it work a little meaner if you will, kind of fat looking when you look at it because when I look at it now the tires just look too small and I do want to keep the front and back the same size. I believe unless you are strictly going to race the car there is never a reason to have different size from front to back that’s just plain stupid If you ask me...Kingleo49

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
275/40's should look and fit nicely in there. I've heard of guys mounting those on your size wheel with good results. Do more research but pretty sure you can do it.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
275/40/20 all around will look good. A lot of members have done this, I included. Fits good on the 20x9 scat pack rims.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,749 Posts
The 275s are good suggestions, did you mean fill out fenders as in gap at top? If so, the 275s will be exactty the same height, but wider. If you wanted taller tires, that's a whole different ball game. Have you considered lowering if that's the case?

A Guy

·
Registered
42 Posts
One thing to keep in mind when selecting the actual tires is availability. When you're making the initial purchase it may not be super important, but if you need them in a pinch, that might be worth considering.

Example. I have Continental Extremecontact Sports. They work great, cost slightly less than the Michelins, and should last a little longer too. What's not to love? Well, when I was doing the Cannonball Run a few months ago, I got a slice in the sidewall of one tire. It was holding air but would never pass tech and needed to be replaced. However, no one had them anywhere on my route and, on a Saturday afternoon, couldn't even order them until Monday. If I'd had the Michelins, I probably could have gotten a new tire that day since they're factory equipment on tons of cars and only needed one since they were only ~3000 miles deep. Instead I had to wait until California and by then had to buy two.

·
Registered
103 Posts
275/40/20 front, 275/45/20 or 295/40/20 (need a wider rim for this though)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,909 Posts
The following tires work on a Hellcat and were original equipment on my '16 SRT so they should fit fine. The price is crazy cheap, there's not many remaining, so act fast and jump on 4 of them and be done with it! I did just that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts