Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen lots of mentions on these forums about dealers charging over MSRP (known as Market Adjustments) for Hellcats. So I thought it would be good to start one thread for us all to keep track of dealerships doing this short sighted cash grab. This will give us all info to make informed decisions about purchasing cars from these dealerships in the future, and we can vote with our hard earned money and spend it elsewhere. I'm a capitalist at heart, and they are free to charge whatever they want for cars, and we as customers are free to pool our information and choose not to purchase from them. If you want to add a dealership to this blacklist thread, please post the name and location of the dealership, and your story. Here is mine.

I went into Palmer Dodge today in Roswell, GA and inquired about the Hellcat. They said they already had 8 people that had put deposits down, and they were charging $15,000 over MSRP. No only that, but the salesman actually had the gall to pull out the now disproven "these cars are limited edition and they are only making 1200 of them" line. You know, the one that Dodge CEO has said over and over again is not true. It's clear these guys are trying to give the appearance of scarcity where none exists so they can charge people these ridiculous market adjustments. So this is my first one for the list:

Dealerships Charging Over MSRP (Market Adjustments) For Hellcats:

Dealership: Palmer Dodge in Roswell, GA. Market Adjustment: $15,000

·
Registered
592 Posts
If their production volume is 300 per month, then it seems like the 1200 number is more like what they'll be making in 2014.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Say you're a dealer allocated 2 Hellcats on the first delivery. You get 5 people saying "I'll take one", and one of them says "Money is no problem for me, I'll give you an extra $5k if you get me one of those 2 unit." What would you do? Take the $5k or piss off a customer that actually has money to burn?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Really, another one of these threads????

·
Registered
364 Posts
I've seen lots of mentions on these forums about dealers charging over MSRP (known as Market Adjustments) for Hellcats. So I thought it would be good to start one thread for us all to keep track of dealerships doing this short sighted cash grab. This will give us all info to make informed decisions about purchasing cars from these dealerships in the future, and we can vote with our hard earned money and spend it elsewhere. I'm a capitalist at heart, and they are free to charge whatever they want for cars, and we as customers are free to pool our information and choose not to purchase from them. If you want to add a dealership to this blacklist thread, please post the name and location of the dealership, and your story. Here is mine.

I went into Palmer Dodge today in Roswell, GA and inquired about the Hellcat. They said they already had 8 people that had put deposits down, and they were charging $15,000 over MSRP. No only that, but the salesman actually had the gall to pull out the now disproven "these cars are limited edition and they are only making 1200 of them" line. You know, the one that Dodge CEO has said over and over again is not true. It's clear these guys are trying to give the appearance of scarcity where none exists so they can charge people these ridiculous market adjustments. So this is my first one for the list:

Dealerships Charging Over MSRP (Market Adjustments) For Hellcats:

Dealership: Palmer Dodge in Roswell, GA. Market Adjustment: $15,000
Here you go...
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f191/list-dealers-will-price-gouging-hellcat-236137/

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was told my dealer Schlossmann Dodge City will be selling Hellcats's at MSRP not a penny more we are in Brookfield wi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts