Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
863 Posts
When SMS charges so much for their cars and puts 40lb cast wheels from China on them I wonder how much they are really into performance. Gimmicks with those butterfly's don't impress me either.
I can go on an on...

·
Registered
108 Posts
When you have 700 HP to play with, do 40 pound wheels really matter? Plus, so what if the Butterflies don't do much for performance, they look beyond cool. I would sell my right nut for a SMS 570X.

Cool link, thanks for posting it man!

·
Registered
762 Posts
They are located in my old hometown, Corona,Ca. They were not there when I moved away. Ha, half of the population was not there when I moved away in 1985. I will go back to visit friends and will stop by to visit their shop.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I'll take any butterfly that looks like this....:bigthumb:

Seriously, while I don't agree with everything SMS/Saleen does on our cars, I do think the butterfly effects hit the nail on the head. It's cool, regardless of performance enhancement. I even saw where one of our vendors (sorry, forgot their name) tried to take and develop a butterfly kit to work with our stock hoods, and also had an option for an entirely new hood.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Didn't the Challenger Prototype have a Butterfly in the hood? That's probably where the idea came from, and whether it's functional or not it's pretty cool. And this is coming from a guy who doesn't like the SMS Challenger at all. In fact, the only thing I do like are the butterflies...

As for the Chinese wheels, that's absolutely pathetic that they aren't made here in the USA. Regardless of any performance gains, for the price they're charging for those cars as many parts as possible could and should be made here, putting people to work. The margin is there to build every single component here on American soil, and GREED is the only reason they aren't. It's one thing if you're building overseas and passing those savings on to the consumer, but that's obviously not the case here. Shame on you Steve Saleen!

·
Banned
903 Posts
Not trying to turn this into a bashing thread but I think the SMS body changes look cheesy, looks like stuff that belongs on a rice burner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts