Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting Sunday on the History channel the stories of Henry Ford, William Durant, Walter Chrysler and The Dodge Boys and how they revolutionized our transportation. It's on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I'm hoping it's good.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Starting Sunday on the History channel the stories of Henry Ford, William Durant, Walter Chrysler and The Dodge Boys and how they revolutionized our transportation. It's on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I'm hoping it's good.

DVR is programmed. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Episode 1 done, thinking it's going to be more interesting with each episode. Sure didn't know the Dodge Brothers died with Dodge company being so young and from the Flu. Funny thing is Edsel was interested in car design, then designs one of worlds ugliest cars.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Edsel is portrayed as a beat down boy shadowed by his father. One thing is for sure, he learned cut throat practices from Henry and put them to use against Harley-Davidson.

This show has the same feel as the other mini series shows put together by the History Channel. They even use stock footage from, "The Men Who Built America".

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
693 Posts
Really enjoyed Episode one...Very well done...

Didn't know the Dodge boys had died, just saw them on TV a few months ago racing their cars.........................

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finished off part 3 tonight, it was very interesting. I guess for it to be what I wanted, they would need a full season. There were so many car companies barely mentioned. All a part of our history.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
494 Posts
Just finished part 1, Ford must have been something to live with after seeing how he treated his son. Interesting in how many car companies were around at turn of the century that I never heard of.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They don't even mention that there were around 1800 different companies over the years. Studebaker, Nash, Desoto, Morris, Stutz Bearcat, Duyrea these are just a few from the 20's through the 50's. Many of were very small some blended with other companies. There was an inovative builder named Tucker. His car was so far ahead of the times that the big 3 ran him out of business. I believe I need to do more research as to how many companies have been in USA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts