Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had many Vettes over the years and a few weeks ago decided I wanted another one. So, I went down to the local Chevy store, picked one out and bought it. See pic below:

After driving it for a few weeks I realized I was very disappointed in it. The Challenger is simply a better car. It looks better, is more comfortable, has a lot more grunt than than LS3, and is a joy to drive. I've loved Vettes all my life and really thought I wanted another one, but I just never fell in love with it this time. The Corvette is just an "OK" car compared to the Challenger.

Long story short, traded the Vette for a loaded RAM 1500 and am loving it. Now I can concentrate on the Challenger again.

A few more pictures for comparison. The Vette to me is just a cute car. The Challenger just looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
Interesting comparison... Challenger over a Vette.... wow... that speaks volumes.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Not just any Challenger...he is comparing the 392 to the vette. And I would have to agree, I would also take a 392 over a vette. I would for sure take a vette over an SE. RT and 6.1 is a tougher choice.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I think it must be nice to be able to trade cars around like that. I really thought about getting my R/T for awhile, trying to justify what would have been a $500/month car if I wasn't able to pay cash for it. Anyhow, somehow I did, but there's no way I could ever make myself buy a new Vette on top of that, and then trade the Vette for a new truck. I just can't imagine the beating the OP took on the Vette.

None of this should be construed as sour grapes. I'm happy for people that have worked hard and are able to do the things with their money that make them happy. I consider myself fortunate, probably compared to 75% of Americans I'm very fortunate.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I've had four Vettes in my life and always had fun with them. I (we) have two 09 Challengers now. One is an R/T and the other is an SRT8. I wouldn't trade either for a Vette...that's how much I like our Challengers.
But enough with the cars....I'm impressed with your garage. Very Nice!!!!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
guess my middle class blue collar roots can't quite bring myself to call a brand new corvette as "cute". I suppose my tastes are not refined enough to be disappointed in a new corvette. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
350 Posts
What I like about the corvette over the challenger is the roof comes off (its a vert), and I can slide it sideways in a corner as the engine puts out much more toque at a lower RPM than my 6.1 liter. But Im comparing a vette with a cam, heads, headers, injectors, intake manifold, corsa sport exhaust, racing suspension, Gran Turismo brakes, etc to a stock challenger so That may be the differerence. Power is close to 550 hp at the crank. If the challenger didnt have a warranty, IT would get the same treatment. But I agree 110% that the challenger is definatly the car I would take on a trip. Just much more comfortable and roomy. I also get way more attention in the challenger.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I also get way more attention in the challenger.
That's because modern Corvettes are like Mustangs, a dime a dozen. The last time I remember actually looking at a vette was a SWEET '58 sitting in a local parking lot. I made my husband loop back for a second look. :p

·
Registered
455 Posts
Of the 38 cars I've owned the only car that got more attention than my Challenger was my 57 Chevy Belair 2dr HT that I drove in high school. My Challenger isn't the fastest car I've owned but is the most enjoyable overall.

Gotta love the new technology. I can runs 12s at the track then drive home & get 25mpg. I've had a few daily drivers that got less than 4mpg but gas was ALOT cheaper back then.

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's because modern Corvettes are like Mustangs, a dime a dozen. The last time I remember actually looking at a vette was a SWEET '58 sitting in a local parking lot. I made my husband loop back for a second look. :p
Well, actually a dozen Corvettes are going to cost you at least $600K, just a little more than a dime! Plus, last year and the year before they only made 11000 Corvettes each year. I see 3-5 mustangs every day, rarely any Corvettes (other than my own which I recently traded in). And the Corvette doesn't come in a 6 cylinder like the Mustang; if you've never owned or ridden in one, you might not understand what is so great about them. They are unique in their own way, but vastly different than the Challenger.

I traded in my Vette for my SRT as I wanted something different, something more comfortable as a daily driver, and something bigger. Challenger looks great, rides so nice, and the SRT 392 comes with gobs of torque which makes driving around town lots of fun. My 07 Vette with just 400HP was faster in the 1/4, and obviously could out handle, but these cars should not even be compared. One is a true sports car and another is a true muscle car. I like them both, but right now, I wouldn't trade for a Corvette again. I'm having way too much fun with my new SRT, and really enjoying how much more comfortable my ride to work is in the Challenger.

Plus, this car is so good looking, interior and exterior. I really am impressed with the interior, actually better quality materials than my Vette. And the SRT seats blow away the Vettes seats hands down. But again, bigger car, and 2 different identities.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I always wanted the Challenger from day one. But before the Challenger I wanted a Vette. So before I made this purchase I had to convince myself that the Challenger was the car. So I went to test drive the Grand Sport first. While I was there...what the heck..test drive the Camaro too.

Loved everything about the Grand Sport, a beautiful monster of a car. Camaro SS did nothing for me especially after the Grand Sport. The following day ran to the Dodge Dealer. As I pulled up to the dealer, a beautiful SRT8 in B5 blue got my attention like no other car has ever done. I ran over to it with my jaw to the floor. Test drove it, Loved it. Then the salesman told me he had a RT Classic in B5 also. Pulled it up and I started to drool. Before I committed to the B5 Classic had to see a Plum, you know the ending.

Challenger has that allure the Vette never had.

Will I buy a Vette ? One day my garage will look like those photos.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts