Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bigdodge, you might say I just jumped the shark! O God help me....

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I mean its one thing to have a web page for ur ride, most people that dont get it thinks its dumb but u took it to a whole new level. I dont know muck about web design but I know that took some time and then all the imagination thrown in really topped it off. great show, ur the kind of passionate guy I like to hang around. I have one friend I work with that gets it.

Reactions: The Perp

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Wow! Great job, Really awesome

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
And I thought I was obsessed.......nice job on your site............ :5:

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for the kind words. I thouhgt it may be a little extreme but while putting it together I discovered that it was actually a lot of fun...I became a zombie for the past 4 days and learned once again the most important button on a p.c. "SAVE" ...lol

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tis not very difficult, most of us have all this info scattered all over our p.c.'s in various folders and jump drives ect....I wanted a centeral location and that's where the idea came from. The blog site on the last tab is going to be fun once I start really getting it going. Can upload at any moment any pic taken from the cell phone and edit text. Any other page I can edit or change at a moments notice.....Cheers again!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
cool tribute...nice work

·
Premium Member
2014 100th Annivesary R/T
517 Posts
Very nice site, very well laid out!

Only suggestions I have,

1. Give a way to turn on/off the music, I am using IE11 and couldn't find the controls
2. Make sure you have rights to use that music, they must be displayed on the site, or you can find yourself with a C&D order at the least and possible copy rights infringements at the worst.

Other than that pretty awesome site!

-Kenny

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Very nice site, very well laid out!

Only suggestions I have,

1. Give a way to turn on/off the music, I am using IE11 and couldn't find the controls
2. Make sure you have rights to use that music, they must be displayed on the site, or you can find yourself with a C&D order at the least and possible copy rights infringements at the worst.

Other than that pretty awesome site!

-Kenny
Thank you for the suggestions and points well taken. I will get on those tonite. May take the music out over all as it may not be that appealing to some!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions and points well taken. I will get on those tonite. May take the music out over all as it may not be that appealing to some!
As a web developer, first thing is to never start anything the user didn't request. In your case, its the music. Here I am, sitting in my office and I click on your site. Guess what happens. Your music starts playing LOUD through my speaker system. There are others in my office in close proximity on conference calls. Guess what the client hears on the other end? Your music. Everyone gives me the ""What the ****?" look. Please remove that ASAP.

Otherwise, LOVE YOUR CHALLENGER!!!

EDIT:

I clicked mug shots and it opened a new window with request to download some file. I don't know what I am downloading. Why am I downloading a file? Photos? Why not set up a image gallery? Same for all your boxes, Rap Sheet Etc. Sorry, but I don't download files that are mystery files, especially from an exterior domain that the one I am on.

The Modification page: The items listed are in the form of an image. Very hard to read. Especially on mobile. Those items can easily be put into bulleted text directly on the site. Why is it a image?

I know you spent a good amount of time on this but please consider addressing some of these issues.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As a web developer, first thing is to never start anything the user didn't request. In your case, its the music. Here I am, sitting in my office and I click on your site. Guess what happens. Your music starts playing LOUD through my speaker system. There are others in my office in close proximity on conference calls. Guess what the client hears on the other end? Your music. Everyone gives me the ""What the ****?" look. Please remove that ASAP.

Otherwise, LOVE YOUR CHALLENGER!!!

EDIT:

I clicked mug shots and it opened a new window with request to download some file. I don't know what I am downloading. Why am I downloading a file? Photos? Why not set up a image gallery? Same for all your boxes, Rap Sheet Etc. Sorry, but I don't download files that are mystery files, especially from an exterior domain that the one I am on.

The Modification page: The items listed are in the form of an image. Very hard to read. Especially on mobile. Those items can easily be put into bulleted text directly on the site. Why is it a image?

I know you spent a good amount of time on this but please consider addressing some of these issues.

Thanks!
Thank you, exactly what i am looking for. thanks for the input. I do not do this as a pro. I started this with a template so there is little opp for me to add code. If there was it would still be a tat unstable to the professional eye as I am a new-be at this. Truly understand about the download as I myself do not open anything I am unsure of. Will look into all of this and as far as the music...likely to remove it! Thanks again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts