Dodge Challenger Forum banner

the complainer got his car- #605

6K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  AK907 
#1 · (Edited)

after waiting almost 6 months and my ordered car w/ loose seats i finally decided to cancel today and buy else where..i didnt want to 'hope' Dodge would fix them or let an upholsterer try to fix them...

i had to drive 1.5 hours to another state

i got #605 for $200 over invoice

i kept the White, but changed from a stripped 6 speed to a loaded Automatic....it was what was available in white and i decided it worked for me...now the wife can drive it

drove it home 60 miles and its parked for a few weeks...the seats are very good...not an issue at all...i actually looked for higher #'s to get better seats...seems anything over #500 has good seats...

i havent pushed the cars power at all so far..im babying it, but the rumble is crazy cool....when they started it outside the dealership i could hear it rumble through the glass...

the wife was following behind me going home and said every guy would look at the car, but none of the women even glanced

i found it interesting how the automatic trans down shifts when your braking..you can feel it pull alittle in each gear as it goes down...kinda like your in manual mode and downshifting it yourself

the car was flawless and i consider it a work of art...its just amazing looking....no scratches or chips...

i was missing the stickers and had to work hard to get my $500 mopar bucks...they couldnt find the offer at first...they are ordering my stickers..

the only complaint is the quality of the paint...10 miles on the odometer and the paint has swirls...especially noticeable on the stripes...the DWB one i looked at last night was very bad w/ 12 miles on it....my 2 month old Chevy (dark color) barely has any swirls and its been through 8 car washes....Dodge has a paint issue i think...

i love the seats....it makes the car...glad i got the IE

the dash plaque is so small that its hard to even read what # you are....definitely should be 2x bigger

im happy with the interior styling...if they made the gauge cluster trim all stainless like the concept car i think it would greatly improve the look though...its plain, but sporty....i think the automatic shifter is boring too...it reminds me of the one on my wifes old minivan...i ordered a Mopar T shifter
[/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats guy you had a long wait! :D

I really like the way the auto downshifts when braking. I think that's why I first thought the brakes were super touchy. It's a nice feature.

#6 ·
it takes getting used to for sure...its very noticeable...10 days away from 6 months! worth of waiting....

i couldnt believe how low the prices were...i got one price for invoice, one for $200 over and one offer for $500 over....and of course several for sticker to $5,000 over sticker...those guys dont want to sell their cars

#3 ·
Congrats Huggie! I am glad that you got your car and that you're happy with it.

As for loading your pictures, it looks like you're trying to load them to the site from your C:. You can't do that. First you have to load them to photo bucket. Once the pics are in photo bucket, you can "link" to them by html address within the tags within CFs. Not too hard. But the pics have to be in photo bucket, first.

As for the swirl marks you talk about, maybe the marks are actually the result of damp towels used to dry your car after it was washed. After a good wash and dry, your car's paint/appearance should be fine.

Have fun with that car there guy!

#5 ·
my photo's are in photo bucket...i got it to work once

what do i do with them in photo bucket to get them to transfer

i double click on the car and go to share...then hit save and go to post and click paste...it doesnt work

what am i doing wrong?

#7 ·
Congrats on getting your car. Which dealer did you go to? I got mine from Antioch CJD.

#12 ·
Antioc gave me great prices on a left over 2010, but horrible prices on the 392 IE...they were the one who wanted $5k over sticker...they said they had the DWB one sold for $3k over sticker....i was dealing w/ the internet sales lady there up until this morning....i have been dealing with her since last summer....nice lady, but when push comes to shove she didnt come through

i got it from Crystal Lake Dodge...funny thing was i was on my way to Feeny Dodge to get one for $500 over invoice...on the way we passed a white IE...we stopped to look incase we liked the options better...it was the exact same optioned car...i asked if they could beat $500 over invoice...they gave me $200 over invoice and 1.5 hours later i was driving home..i never made it to Feeny....

Also got 3 calls on my way home from dealerships...i loved telling them about my deal....every one wanted sticker price or over...it was nice to say $2400 off

i cant believe they sold this car for so cheap...i never expected it

#17 ·
What I do is...

--Select a photo
--"Click" on the link in the IMG area (the block will then say "copied")
--Open up a thread
--Then "paste" the data link from photobucket into my thread where I want it to go.
Note: The link will look like this...
(IMG)http://xXX.photobucket.com/albums/xXXX/loginID/IMAGENAME.jpg(/IMG) ----but ()s will be replaced with []s.
--Voila

#16 · (Edited)
Go to photobucket and click on the picture you want to post. On the page look for the box that says img code or sumtin like dat. Click the code and it should say copied. The come her and right click paste.
im trying to do all sorts of things close to what your saying..i need exact instructions

its not saying 'copied'
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n531/waukeshaplumbing/100_4455.jpg?t=1299631402

got a link to work once...but i cant get it to work again for my other photo's...im doing the exact same thing, but it wont work

#21 ·
Congrats on the new car. Guessing your dealer put the swirl marks on the car when they detailed it. I picked mine up at the rail head and the dealer never touched it.

However, I did notice swirl marks on the stripes, that concerns me as I barely touched the car when cleaning and drying it. Prolly gonna pull the stripes sooner or later anyway.

Have fun, they are beasts.

#23 ·
the DWB one i saw was fresh off the truck ...the didnt wash it because they would have seen the dent.

my White one was 1 1/2 weeks old and looked like they never washed it either...the scratches were barely noticeble, but the stripes were...it was a diry girl

#24 ·
My car doesnt have F1's....hardly any of them around here do

for best performance am i going to want new back tires?

im considering getting F1's for the rear and keeping the regular ones on front...i can save the current rear tires for when my fronts wear out

anyone have any advice? is the traction that much better w/ f1's?

if i 1/4 mile race it will i be .5 seconds slower or what with out F1's?

#25 ·
Congrats of IE 392 Purchase and Tire Talk

First, I wanted to say congatulations of your IE 392 purchase! I hope you enjoy your ride as the weather starts to warm up!!

In regards to the Goodyear F1's... The rubber is soft in order to maximize traction ability. This makes a fresh set of F1's optimal for the 1/4 mile due to wheel having to hook up so much weight. However, these tires are the type that wouldn't last long if you did fancy burnouts and powerslides in a parking lot..

If you switched tires, IMO I think it's optimal to switch the entire set at one time... If Michellin makes a set for the tires for the size required... they would be my first choice compared to Goodyear F1's...:)

#30 ·
Cool ride for you and the family. A lot of good reasons to have the automatic in a family car.

Glad that the seats look good too. I'm not sure that the "badge" number has any real meaning to the sequence in production, based on several threads around here. Seems like Chrysler just has a "grab bag", and what # comes out, goes on.

Bottom line, they are getting them "right", and that's good.

Enjoy

#31 ·
badges appear to be put on in order of leaving striping...doesnt appear to be a grab bag like originally thought

i couldnt get my 392 to start last night!!!...i actually had to read the manual to start my car!!!....i didnt have my foot on the brake

4" of snow today...ugghhh...i plan on washing my car this weekend when it gets into the 40s...it didnt get much salt on driving it home, but i want to give it a good underbody wash...i have a hot hose bib so i can melt that salt away...

maybe ill drive it a bit this weekend if it dries out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.