Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which I consider about 1972 to 2005.any cars you may have owned and actually liked?a new 77 Malibu grey with red simulated leather interior swivel buckets console auto was one of my favorites in that era

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Gotta love the Ford Granada or Pontiac Astre good stuff... :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Most of the cars that I owned fall into that dark age but here are some of my favorites 73 Delta 88 455, 79,80 Cutlass Supreme (still have the 80) 92 Mustang 5.0L 5sp

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Never owned one but to this day I love the Buick Grand National. That thing is a work of art.
Yeah GN, GNX, and the 89 turbo T/A the GNs helped bring about were all really sweet cars when I was in high School. Supposedly the Buicks performance numbers were under reported so they didn't surpass the corvette at the time.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
think the cars of this era got a bad rap not cars I would seek out to restore today.but when new were fun even the 2 new chevettes I owned

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Late 70's Trans Ams were pretty cool and still available with a big block. Granted they didn't have a ton of HP but that could be fixed. The Fox body 5.0 Mustangs were great during the Dark Ages and IMO brought the Muscle Car war back to light. I had a '91 Mustang GT convertible 5 spd that was pretty sweet.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I learned to drive at the Age of 7 with a 1981 Chevy Malibu Classic dark red color with red interior and a 350 engine.. man that felt powerful!! I learned to do donuts and I even used to take them to the beach and park them in the sand lol they had 4 malibus for their business..(this was back in Venezuela where gas is still 4 bucks to fill a tank for an expedition)

·
Registered
930 Posts
There are a few bright spots in the "dark ages."

The 78/79 Lil Red Express trucks were pretty potent, thanks to milder emissions restrictions on pickups.

The mid 80s Buick GNX was a mean sonovagun for the day. Nice looking car, too.

The Viper was the brightest spot of that whole period. Nuff said.

I liked our 93 Vision TSi (same as Intrepid/Concorde) quite a lot. First sedan of that era that I owned with some pretty decent power, even though it was front-drive. Ergonomics were GREAT. The Lincoln Mk VIII was pretty mean too, and RWD to boot, but I'm glad I passed given all the air suspension headaches it had. The Caddy STS was potent enough, but FWD and lots of problems with the Northstar engine.

The LT-1 powered Impala SS was a tad better looking than the upside-down bathtub Caprice it was built on... if it had looked better it would have been awesome.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
always considered 78 79 malibus very similar looking to the 64 65 malibus owned a 79 don't rember if 81 style had changed

·
Registered
18 Posts
1989 ford bronco 98 ford thunderbird 2000 ford lightning which i traded in for my challenger..was never big on dodge but im sold on the challenger i enjoy "looking" at it in the garage after i didnt wanna spend a ton on a cherokee srt8.....damn living in the midwest

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
from 69 on have been involved with 68 69 muscle cars but always excited by a new car every couple years 80 olds cutlass 4 door black with red velour interior was a great one

·
Registered
332 Posts
My 1983 Camaro Z28 (down badged to an RS). Had an original anemic 305 HO with a 5spd that I pulled and had a custom 350 built for it. I installed a digital dash and digital ignition lock with push button start, was the first keyless car I had heard of at the time. It had shaved door handles until someone hit the passenger side door and I couldn't find a local body shop that would shave it after we moved to IL from CA. It was a fun car at the time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
one really bad car was my mothers 78 dodge aspen constant trouble I had to deal with.probbably this dog was the reason I never owned a new k car which I kind of regret

·
Registered
348 Posts
Going with the premise that the "Dark Ages" were 1972-2005, I would have to pick my 1974 road runner/GTX as my favorite car of the period. I still miss that car and would like to find another.
Around 1984 I was looking for some sort of sporty car with some power. No way was I gonna even be seen in a 4 cyl. Daytona! I bought a new Z/28. Worst piece of junk ever! Probably worse than a K car!
Surprisingly, I really liked my 1985 6 cyl. Grand Prix. No power but a nice car (if you don't take into account the Metric 200 auto trans that seemed to fail once a year).
For a Mopar guy, those truly were the Dark Ages. Love my Challenger! Happy days are here again!
WF

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
'81 buick regal with a 265 v8...what a pig. '84 fiero ...always breaking down... '95 dakota slt with a 318...lots of trouble with it....'75 chevy monza 4cyl....there are no words.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts