Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Dodge Challenger - Features and options
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Models:
R/T Scat Pack 6.4L
R/T Scat Pack Shaker 392

2015 Engines/transmissions:

6.4L Hemi MDS (Scat Pack, 8-speed 8HP70 automatic trans) (470hp/470tq)
6.4L Hemi w/o MDS (Scat Pack, 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans) (470hp/470 tq)

--ResumeSpeed--
Enough said! :yesnod:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Can't wait to see the prices on that though. Wife gave me the OK to trade in my 14' Blacktop lol I'm a lucky man.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait...the RT's get a 6.4L???

Nice, Right?!?!

So, to all the guys praying that they could option an R/T with the 6.4L, your prayers have been answered.

I also think that the 6.4 R/Ts come with STP and Brembos...

"Hey R/T guy, what's in your wallet? --- I meant, under your hood?" Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Damn! I've always wanted that 6.4 beast under my hood. Honestly though the price will be insane. If you are swimming in cash go for it. Personally I would stick with my 5.7 as it's a strong workhorse motor and makes respectable power with the mods and custom tune I got. My plan is when/if my motor konks out, then I will replace it with the 6.4. :smokin:

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Well I guess this is the reason the Core might not be coming back...

I like the simple all business look of the Core but will reserve judgment until I see the new car.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I'm more curious to know if there is a way to have a sleeper without all the stickers and badges. Just give me a silver one with no stripes or stickers and the R/T logos. Nobody will ever know :evil laughter:

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
Yes I love the simple look too. There will be Shakers with cloth seats next year so maybe a base SP who knows.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Nice, Right?!?!

So, to all the guys praying that they could option an R/T with the 6.4L, your prayers have been answered.

I also think that the 6.4 R/Ts come with STP and Brembos...

"Hey R/T guy, what's in your wallet? --- I meant, under your hood?" Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
No kidding. I've been completely out of the loop on this one. I love my RT...but this is interesting.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hopefully they will cost the same as the Core did, so it keeps the market open to more people. Sounds awesome to me.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No kidding. I've been completely out of the loop on this one. I love my RT...but this is interesting.
It's getting MORE interesting!!!

UPDATE/CORRECTION to Page 1:

6.4L Hemi MDS (Scat Pack, 8-speed 8HP70 automatic trans) (485hp/475tq)

6.4L Hemi w/o MDS (Scat Pack, 6-speed TREMEC TR-6060 manual trans) (485hp/475 tq)
:clap:

·
Registered
407 Posts
You automatic fans are going to have a blast in the quarter with that 8 speed trans.

I'm going to hold my breath until I'm B5 Blue (and stomp my left foot) until I get my 7 speed manual.

Not really :banana:but it'd be freakin cool.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I love my tremec but an 8 speed auto might just be enough to break me!

·
Registered
540 Posts
This is real? Don't toy with my emotions now! I think I'll be picking up a '15 R/T at the end of 2015 (for a sweet deal).
Maybe I'll get Jazz Blue Pearl this time...
:rocker:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So basically its an srt
Actually the term is "Powered by SRT".

But really, there was never anything "physically" that precluded Dodge from doing this in the first place ---- R/Ts and SRTs come down the same assembly line. Like everything else, it was just a management decision that held this from happening before --- just like offering certain paint colors on certain models...

This is cool! Now when you're tooling around in your stock-"debadged" R/T, folks will have to wonder if it's a 5.7 or a 6.4 powered R/T! Oooh! The "sneakiness!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
So the core has been rebadged as a fancy RT and probably same price as a Core was? What is the point? Just keep making a core

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
So the core has been rebadged as a fancy RT and probably same price as a Core was? What is the point? Just keep making a core

/QUOTE]
Perhaps Core's didn't sell so well. A car sitting between the R/T and SRT is a hard car to market for the dealers.

Perhaps they think they'll sell more fancy R/Ts, than plain jane SRTs.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts