Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet on CT...

Went to see the new Vince Vaughn/Kevin James flick 'The Dilemma' tonight. The movie was meh, but it was chock full of MOPARS!!! Not to give anything away but the movie involves the main characters working with Dodge so we get to see the new 2011 Challenger, some 2010 Challenger RTs and some Vipers as well as plenty of older Mopars too.

Also, Vaughn drives around in a blue 70 Challenger RT vert that sounds pretty sweet. Disclaimer: It does end up getting beat to hell pretty bad.

Anyway, thought I'd share. If you got $18.50 to blow (assuming you take a date) it's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet on CT...

Went to see the new Vince Vaughn/Kevin James flick 'The Dilemma' tonight. The movie was meh, but it was chock full of MOPARS!!! Not to give anything away but the movie involves the main characters working with Dodge so we get to see the new 2011 Challenger, some 2010 Challenger RTs and some Vipers as well as plenty of older Mopars too.

Also, Vaughn drives around in a blue 70 Challenger RT vert that sounds pretty sweet. Disclaimer: It does end up getting beat to hell pretty bad.

Anyway, thought I'd share. If you got $18.50 to blow (assuming you take a date) it's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours! :thumbsup:
The vert he drives and the one that gets beat don't seem to be the same car.I saw 70 mirrors on the one he drives and the one that gets beat has 71-74 mirrors .

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Hmm....been thinking about taking my gf to see this. Now I have one more reason to go see it.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
In Vanishing Point, the director said they went through 6 or 7 Challengers making the film.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
In Vanishing Point, the director said they went through 6 or 7 Challengers making the film.
Yeah, that is standard. I have never been on a movie or tv show where we didnt have at LEAST 2 of each car.

You usually have the "hero" car which is the main picture car. The cosmetically flawless, mechanical working car. Then, you have stunt models, FX models, crash models, etc etc etc.

Some examples: on Green Hornet, we had something like 20 different black beauties. On Knight Rider we had 2-3 different KITTS in attack mode. Hell, even on Pineapple Express we had 2-3 **** box cars that the main character drove.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I was going to mention earlier, but as long as there is a thread on Challengers in the media, did you see the Direct TV ad where the city is in chaos and a Torred Challenger comes down the street with its fog lights on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts