Dodge Challenger Forum banner

The dreaded how do you roll/best driving song thread

4K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  Heminator 
#1 ·
so despite the polarization ...here it is.

How will you roll in the 392 ?

& the best driving song is ?

#2 ·
Metallica or Bob Seiger - Turn the Page
Metallica - Whiskey in the Barrel

Other than that, I tend to blast the classics or Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, or Louis Armstrong ...

#5 ·
You're not gonna like what I have to say lol.......
Obviously Black and Yellow (it's pretty much about the Challenger)
I'll pretty much be listening to stations 40 and 45 on Sirius.
Sorry but I went through a rock phase and it depressed the hell out of me lol. Plus I wasn't alive when most of the songs came out.
Need some hip hop to get good use out of the kickass kicker sub. :thumbsup:

#15 · (Edited)
yep im with ya on that! (cept in my dually till the roads clear)
i love the line "push button to start, no keys, black and yellow black and yellow"

and sitting on my garage pad in my car ( i know im such a loser ) i also love the way Celebrity status pounds by Marianas trench

#10 ·
Oh my goodness, I can't believe none of you have said the most obvious song:

Mississippi Queen by Mountain

I'm not a big classic rock guy, but I actually downloaded this song just because of Vanishing Point and it does seem to fit driving the car around.

Other than that, I'm usually blasting some As I Lay Dying. Their song Within Destruction is the perfect soundtrack driving fast and crazy. New school metal FTW!

#12 ·
Highway Star - by Deep Purple

BornTo Be Wild - by Steppenwolf

#14 ·
Gotta be heavy metal as big as the car is. I decided before the car showed up the first song in it would be "Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast" by an Australian group called Airbourne. The sound very much like AC/DC. Seemed somewhat fitting for a remade car to get music from a band with such heavy influences from the past as well.

#16 ·
I like old school R&R, and retro is a no brainer for this car. But...

How about some New-Old-School?

Highway Star - Buckcherry

Barracuda - Fergie

Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch

All of these covers do the original justice. Plus, you get the benefit of modern recordings. As good as the originals were, they don't push the sound system like the new stuff.

Anybody got any more New-Old-School for me?

#23 · (Edited)
Adding a few to the mix;

Achilles Last Stand - Zeppelin

Crosstown Traffic & Foxey Lady - Hendrix

Mona Lisa Overdrive - Juno Reactor

Bad to the Bone - Thorogood

Almost any Godsmack & NIN

Born to Run- Springsteen

LA Woman - Doors

Satisfaction - Stones

For laid back Cruisn

Running on empty - J. Brown
Boulevard of Broken dreams - Green day

#25 ·
Joe Satriani. Smooth and Powerful. Sound familiar?

#30 ·

Love Spreads - The Stone Roses

This song kicks a$$ and is perfect for the SRT8 392 - total attitude.

#31 · (Edited)
Jeff Kehoe -

If you like Traffic/Low Spark, check out the Dave Mason & Jim Capaldi live version of Low Spark - it's haunting. Perfect for the late night drive when you set the cruise to the speed limit and let all the other cars slowly pass you by while you get lost in the song, the exhaust, and the look over that classic Mopar power hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.