Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and the car died...Going very slowly in 1st (A8)...
Did the shut off car...Put in Park...and restart..Every thing fine...
So..What may have caused this to go on?...First time happened...TIA

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,658 Posts
...and the car died...Going very slowly in 1st (A8)...
Did the shut off car...Put in Park...and restart..Every thing fine...
So..What may have caused this to go on?...First time happened...TIA
What ChallyTatum said. Check for codes.

Could be a "glitch". That the behavior was gone after you shut off the engine and restarted the engine suggests that.

I've seen this in a less serious way with my Hellcat and its Performance Pages. Occasionally when I try to start this application it "freezes" and no amount of fiddling with the touch screen controls can fix this. But after shutting off the engine and waiting a few seconds until the power to the rest of the car's electrical system is turned off then upon restart Performance Pages works. Most of the time.

However, not all these things are due to a glitch. I can recall one time with an engine acting up while shutting off the engine then restarting it had the misbehavior gone and it remained "gone" during the 30 mile drive home, it returned the next time I drove the car and I had to take the car in and have the source of the problem found and fixed. (Turned out to be a bad variable cam timing solenoid and actuator.)

So you have to be prepared for the behavior to reappear and that shutting off the engine followed by a restart may not have the behavior gone. 'course, once this happens, if it does happen, it makes it easier to diagnose and then fix.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...and Chally Tatum, no codes appeared on the Diagnostics screen...I'll hope for a glitch...I'll check with my OBD reader...

·
Registered
Phantom Black SXT+ 100th Anniversay
307 Posts
Sounds like it went into “limp mode.” I’ve read about this happening from others on this board and it sounds scary.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
You could try pulling fuses 31 (PCM) and 29 (TCM) in an attempt to reset any stored adaptives and start from a clean slate....just a thought.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will be pulling 31 this weekend at the track...Today...Absolutely no problems...Still will use my own code reader to check...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts