Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
They had eight years to do it and just coincidentally came out with it the year they got bought out. And i promise multi billion dollar deals don’t happen overnight. That was at least a year in the making. No coincidence.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,168 Posts
Fiat had nothing at all to do with Challengers getting more power lol. And as far as the engines (reliability) go, almost nothing at all changed between 2014 and 2015.
Don'tcha know it's a waste of time to try to talk to Mustang lovers...

·
Registered
268 Posts
It took dodge 4 years and a team of engineers to figure out how to put a supercharger on a motor 😂 and you guys believe that? Gale banks would have done it in months. There would be no hellcat without fiat

·
Registered
140 Posts
It took dodge 4 years and a team of engineers to figure out how to put a supercharger on a motor and you guys believe that? Gale banks would have done it in months. There would be no hellcat without fiat
You do realize it's more then just putting a S/C on an engine.

The engine is significantly different and every single component needed to be designed from the ground up, approved and sourced. That whole package then had to be tested and submitted for EPA review and approval.

Not to mention all the other aspects of the car that changed, body, trans, rear axles, Ecu, fuel system, etc. Every single part is designed and sourced.

Powertrain development is expensive and time consuming.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
55 Posts
They had eight years to do it and just coincidentally came out with it the year they got bought out. And i promise multi billion dollar deals don’t happen overnight. That was at least a year in the making. No coincidence.
The fact it was un development for several years before the merge would indicate ti me Fiat didn't design it.

They had to green light it though. However to say a mother company is responsible for subsidiary ingenuity and engineering is false.

VE would then be directly responsible for Buggatl, Lamborghini, Audi ect. Parent companies play a role, but not in outright development. The use of common core architecture, and the sharing of powerplants absolutely.

I do favor the merge, but it's not Fiats doing of designing model redesigns for Dodge. Dodge has their own engineers, and own design teams. It's just fact and if you would like I can waste an hour and dig up design team members and show you how they have worked for Dodge.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack Challenger
55 Posts
The fact it was un development for several years before the merge would indicate ti me Fiat didn't design it.

They had to green light it though. However to say a mother company is responsible for subsidiary ingenuity and engineering is false.

VE would then be directly responsible for Buggatl, Lamborghini, Audi ect. Parent companies play a role, but not in outright development. The use of common core architecture, and the sharing of powerplants absolutely.

I do favor the merge, but it's not Fiats doing of designing model redesigns for Dodge. Dodge has their own engineers, and own design teams. It's just fact and if you would like I can waste an hour and dig up design team members and show you how they have worked for Dodge.
Sorry I'm typing on my phone while traveling - VE means VW

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry I'm typing on my phone while traveling - VE means VW
I share the same belief that parent companies aren’t responsible for the engineering of the companies they own but they do make red lights green. The fact fiat believed in dodge and what they use to stand for more than dodge says something. I don’t know a lot about dodge or multi billion dollar mergers but my gut says that fiat had something to do with the demons and hellcats and scat packs. Which dodge should have been doing all along. I do believe we hijacked this mans thread! You can argue with me on my thread.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Fiat is the reason for the Hellcat, salvage cars can become collectibles and a guy towing a U-haul with a Challenger. I’ve seen it all this week on this website.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hate and would never own a 2008-2014 Challenger. I hate everything about it. The hood, headlights, wheels, 5spd Auto, 5.7 Hemi, Tail Lights, interior, seats, etc.
lol - I’m just the opposite. The 08-14’s are the ones I like. They started going downhill (in my eyes) after that with all of the black rims/hood bumps/fat,flat noses/air dams/chin spoilers/fender flares, matte paint, “blacked out” everything, etc. I don’t like any of that. Messed up a good looking car.

·
Registered
745 Posts
lol - I’m just the opposite. The 08-14’s are the ones I like. They started going downhill (in my eyes) after that with all of the black rims/hood bumps/fat,flat noses/air dams/chin spoilers/fender flares, “blacked out” everything, etc. I don’t like any of that. Messed up a good looking car.
I’ve liked them since they were reintroduced so i guess I’m the weird one, I disagree about everything else in your post though. My hood on my 19 scat pack is one of my favorite parts of the car. The more I look at my car the more underwhelming all the other models look to me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I’ve liked them since they were reintroduced so i guess I’m the weird one, I disagree about everything else in your post though. My hood on my 19 scat pack is one of my favorite parts of the car. The more I look at my car the more underwhelming all the other models look to me.
There is no wrong answer. I loved Silverado models from 03-07 and then 15-18. After the new models I hope Gm dies!! Some people may love the new models. They are wrong though

·
Registered
125 Posts

Different strokes for different folks. The A8 is certainly a huge improvement over the A5 (although I still prefer a Manual). I wish they still offered something new that appealed to me visually as much as the early models did though - but clearly I am in the minority and that’s ok.
I certainly like your blue paint color/hood stripes.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Different strokes for different folks. The A8 is certainly a huge improvement over the A5 (although I still prefer a Manual). I wish they still offered something new that appealed to me visually as much as the early models did though - but clearly I am in the minority and that’s ok.
I certainly like your blue paint color/hood stripes.
yeah, I’m a little surprised you say you don’t like the new looks. I think it’s just a more modern, updated model of the 2008’s. Thank you! I worked hard on the stripes and they’re one of my favorite parts of my car now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah, I’m a little surprised you say you don’t like the new looks.
Oh I’m still a fan of all Challengers and always take a second look when I see one. My PREFERENCE however, is for a more stripped down look with less added bodywork and with retro-style 5 spoke rims, etc. I think they just nailed the look with the early models so they are my favorites. But then again, I’m old so there is that...🤣

·
Registered
745 Posts
Oh I’m still a fan of all Challengers and always take a second look when I see one. My PREFERENCE however, is for a more stripped down look with less added bodywork and with retro-style 5 spoke rims, etc. I think they just nailed the look with the early models so they are my favorites. But then again, I’m old so there is that...🤣
I was going to ask if you’re more about the nostalgia lol but I didn’t want to ask if you were older. I’m 34 so I think black rims and stuff are the best look there is.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was going to ask if you’re more about the nostalgia lol but I didn’t want to ask if you were older. I’m 34 so I think black rims and stuff are the best look there is.
What I like more than anything is them having the balls to do what they are doing now. I think the older styles were just playing it safe like all the rest of the companies. I was excited that ford was reintroducing the bronco. Of course I should have known it was just another cross over with a bronco name. How stupid!!! Where are the new Chevelles and Novas? At least Dodge isn’t just trying to shove the same ole product down our throats. Jeep came out with the renegade which I think is pretty neat. Maybe I just hate the other companies more and hate dodge less. I was raised a die hard Chevy guy but i think our relationship is over

41 - 60 of 65 Posts