Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
What I like more than anything is them having the balls to do what they are doing now. I think the older styles were just playing it safe like all the rest of the companies. I was excited that ford was reintroducing the bronco. Of course I should have known it was just another cross over with a bronco name. How stupid!!! Where are the new Chevelles and Novas? At least Dodge isn’t just trying to shove the same ole product down our throats. Jeep came out with the renegade which I think is pretty neat. Maybe I just hate the other companies more and hate dodge less. I was raised a die hard Chevy guy but i think our relationship is over
My family has always bought Chevys but I don’t care either way, brand loyalty to me is stupid. I just buy what I want if I like it, I like Apple so I buy their products but if their software went to garbage I’d jump back to android. I bought 2 Camaro’s before a Challenger and I looked at Mustangs too but my wife refused the Mustang, she hated them.

Don’t think you’ll ever see a Chevelle or a Nova again. American sports cars are niche items so there’s not room in the market for a bunch of them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was going to ask if you’re more about the nostalgia lol but I didn’t want to ask if you were older. I’m 34 so I think black rims and stuff are the best look there is.
Yeah, I’m pretty much a geezer (52) 😁.
Dodge is definitely following the newer trends/targeting a younger crowd with the styling they are doing now. Honestly that’s a good business decision. Just wish they had some sort of retro style as an option/package. If my Challenger burned to the ground today I wouldn’t be at the dealership looking for new models but instead shopping for cherry low mileage earlier models. I guess I could buy a new one and then start swapping stuff out.

I think this model/paint/stripes/wheels is infinitely better looking than any new model made...

(That’s not my car but I sure like it)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yeah, I’m pretty much a geezer (52) 😁.
Dodge is definitely following the newer trends/targeting a younger crowd with the styling they are doing now. Honestly that’s a good business decision. Just wish they had some sort of retro style as an option/package. If my Challenger burned to the ground today I wouldn’t be at the dealership looking for new models but instead shopping for cherry low mileage earlier models. I guess I could buy a new one and then start swapping stuff out.

I think this model/paint/stripes/wheels is infinitely better looking than any new model made...

View attachment 984643
(That’s not my car but I sure like it)
That’s not radically different from my car. I prefer the black wheels because I think they just look better and they put more focus on the car. I’m not partial to only black though, my 2017 Camaro had normal 20” rims and they were beautiful on that car in white. I do like that color and those stripes though, they look vintage. I originally wanted the T/A because the hood and stripes, I just didn’t want to pay for it. So I went my route and then just installed my own stripes I designed and cut. I’d drive that car you posted though for sure, I still love the new hoods though. The scoops and air dams to me are awesome.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I definitely like the older styling. My problem is there are a million of them and they all look the same and probably more than half are v6. Dodge screwed up the first time by making the classic challenger for only a couple years and I think they overcompensated by making a classic car without any changes for almost a decade. I am not worried about @NiteFlyer finding another car like his when it spontaneously combusts😂

61 - 65 of 65 Posts