Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually it was Monday but the weather was 60 Deg here in Denver and after watching that post about Garage Queens I took her out a few times in not so great conditions, I was rewarded with 3 rock chips in the hood. So it sat in the garage dirty for 3 weeks till Monday, a complete detail was in order.

I find it now funny how I fell for the "take her out, what are you saving it for" bit, I was reminded as I touched up the rock chips on my hood and apologized to my car :kiss:. What was I thinking. ;)

I CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT FOR SUMMER!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
As noted in another guys signature: "Not driving your car to save the miles, is like saving your wife for the next guy!".
I always thought that was a funny saying, but hey, it's your car, if you want to keep it rock chip free, we understand. Mine is my daily driver, so I had clear bra stuff put on the front and back. Hopefully that will preserve her just that much longer!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I pulled mine out last Friday. Put the insurance back on it and drove it to work. It started snowing Saturday and now we have 6 inches on the ground again. Coincidence?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Mines pretty much a garage queen, it's only driven about once a week some times as long as two weeks in the garage under her car cover after she's been washed waxed & detailed out

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Even when the weather breaks here, mine isn't likely to see the roads until the pot holes are fixed, they are bad in Southeast Michigan

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fortunately I have a SUV for my winter driving an older Jeep, so using the Wife analogy the Challenger wife does not do the dishes, laundry or fix dinner, she simply is there for my pleasure ;)

Genie in the bottle so to speak.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Garage Queen seriously?.. I'll maintain my Road King :burnout: drive the streets DAILY. Glad you finally turned the key.:eusa_dance:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Must be nice to have "fair" weather and road conditions most of the time, out here you have rock, sand and mag chloride to deal with. I have seen the daily drivers out here and after a few years they are anything but purrdy.

I am jealous of you guys, if I lived where some of you are from replying from I would be daily driving as well.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
I just realized you live in Littleton, Co. I was through there last year, in April and It was a mess. My family is in Cheyenne, Wy and I got more rock chips through downtown Denver Co then he whole rest of the trip combined. I cant say that I blame ya for garaging it, but this exact stuff is why I moved away from it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Mine is a daily driver. Then again, the winter fairy forgot to stop by Southern California this year. I still like to take good care of it and pamper it, and as soon as we get some rain, I take the Jeep! :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
Reason # 9,786 why I don't live where it snows. These cars were made to be driven ...HARD...DAILY!! I don't get buying a modern car and garaging it... that's what classics are for, not modern Challengers. :11: I can see garage queening your '71 Challenger , but not these.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Reason # 9,786 why I don't live where it snows. These cars were made to be driven ...HARD...DAILY!! I don't get buying a modern car and garaging it... that's what classics are for, not modern Challengers. :11: I can see garage queening your '71 Challenger , but not these.
If you live down south and never seen how bad, and how quick salt eats up a car you wouldn't understand. I drive mine rain or shine, but it get's parked once the snow flies and they start salting the roads.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah, salt, pot holes, teens not paying attention as they text on the phone in a snow storm, black ice, 2 foot snow drifts waiting to take out your splitter, and the grey chunks of frozen snow off of peoples fender wells. All good reasons to keep it in the garage for the season , if you can.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Ohgeez

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I have to chuckle with this garage queen debate.

Me personally they are made to be driven, I love the patina of a car as they age, all the little wear and tear just makes them cooler.

Just like these 2 old warriors (see attached).

One thing for sure, the owners and car have had lots of fun - can you tell : -)

I can't wait to take my car on road trips, bugs, road grim, dirt - bring it on.

Kind of like my perfect woman, I prefer one that can fish, hike and play in the dirt, vs. a cream puff that sits in front of the mirror all day : - )

:icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheers:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Must be nice, the snow here In chi-town hasn't even thought of melting yet..this non stop -0 cold is a JOKE with no end in site for the near future

1 - 20 of 59 Posts