Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker Indigo Blue/Black Nappa
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it appears it is order the Granite Scat Pack Shaker or the Indigo Blue Scat Pack Shaker which is in stock at a local dealer. Wife likes the blue, I like the Granite. Will be my First Dodge. Have own Camaros and Corvettes. Decisions??
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
723 Posts
My advice is NEVER settle. Get what YOU want so there are no regrets later. It's not like you can buy another 'new' Challenger in a few years. It will be too late.

I was already to order mine in 2020 right down to every option, stripe and color. NO SETTLING!!! By some miracle there was one built already at a dealership just 200 miles away. The only thing different was it had red Brembo calipers. I wasn't going to order them due to the cost but when I could get a dealer discount and FCA rebate at the time, I couldn't buy it fast enough.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,859 Posts
I'm a broken record on this subject.

Color is the most important option, as you will see it 100% of the time.

Nothing worse than stopping at a light or wherever, and another Challenger pulls up in "that" Color that you really wanted.

Makes you wonder "why did I settle for this color."

Best of luck on your choice.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
451 Posts
Hi,

Get what you want, but if 1 is there, can you deal with the wait game of ordering and if a particular option is really available or not to order as shortages can effect the build date, I ordered a 22 Jeep last November, got it in March although some 21 orders were still not built 10+ months later, not sure the reason but nonetheless some were rather pissed.

If you do order one, have you looked at Frostbite as kind a in between blue and gray, just saying.

Guess the best advice is if you get the blue one would you always be wanting the gray. If so order a gray one, either way time is limited on getting a Challenger in any color.

Good luck with the decision.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
618 Posts
For me, the Indigo is the easy choice. It's stunning in the sun and certainly makes a statement. The grey is just......grey....and it's pretty much everywhere on every thing. Oh, btw... I also have a 21 ram in Granite crystal. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: . It's just kinda boring. But, better than Primer grey ;)😁

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well it appears it is order the Granite Scat Pack Shaker or the Indigo Blue Scat Pack Shaker which is in stock at a local dealer. Wife likes the blue, I like the Granite. Will be my First Dodge. Have own Camaros and Corvettes. Decisions?? View attachment 1062615 View attachment 1062616
Think about which color will stay cleaner longer, look better at night etc. like one response said, you see it every day so always good to love it. I don’t think you can miss with either of those - there aren’t many around me, so I don’t think I’ve seen either color in person, but there tons of photos on here for blue cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's my take:
I'm biased towards crystal granite as i used to own one and loved it, i can say though the color does feel boring at times when seeing all the other vibrant challengers on the road. HOWEVER, i saw a properly smoked out crystal granite the other day and it was absolutely stunning. Maybe flip a coin???

·
Registered
2022 Scat Pack Challenger
172 Posts
I'm not a big fan of cars that are the color of asphalt (easy for people to not see you/pull out in front of you etc), and there is a sea of monotone cars in every parking lot. These cars should make a statement. Obviously I am biased given I went with Indigo. The other factor to me would be: does the one on the lot have at least the important options you want?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Personally, I NEVER liked that "battleship" gray. Definitely the blue.
Mr. Manners says: whomever will be in the driver's seat more should pick the color

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I would go with the Indigo blue car, simply because it's on the lot. With the supply chain issues now, if you order a car, it might not arrive anytime soon.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,859 Posts
Good comments on colors from owners.

Everyone is a little, or a lot, biased to what they own.

To the OP:

Color is such a personal thing, but on a Challenger, pick the one that is really "it" so you'll be biased with the rest of us,, and with a big 😁

·
Registered
2022 Challenger R/T Shaker. 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie. 2010 Mustang V6 Premium.
195 Posts
It’s really your choice of course your wife should be apart of it but I didn’t really listen to my wife building my car.

Im not gonna say since the Indigo is on the lot get it, since when I was purchasing mine I decided to build one and wait forever instead of the the one on the lot because I didn't like the color.

If it were me I’d choose the grey (Yes blue is my favourite color but not that blue) your choice you like the grey get the grey.

·
Registered
2022 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker Indigo Blue/Black Nappa
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not a big fan of cars that are the color of asphalt (easy for people to not see you/pull out in front of you etc), and there is a sea of monotone cars in every parking lot. These cars should make a statement. Obviously I am biased given I went with Indigo. The other factor to me would be: does the one on the lot have at least the important options you want?
Both are well equipped. The blue 61,385 (black bumblebee stripe) and the gray 57,295 with shakedown graphics.
Wheel Window Tire Vehicle Hood
ics). I was thinking the blue as being to flashy?

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
282 Posts
Do you like both colors and just like the gray better than blue? Or do you not like the blue, but only considering if because your wife likes it?

Reactions: liv
1 - 20 of 92 Posts