Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a hell cat hood to go on a 2010 SRT8. I like the design but also I like the airflow...These cars needs air! Anyone know where I can find one at a decent price? I found one of Amazon but they are high in shipping and I have already been ripped off once...not again.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Order it at your local dealer. Inspect it in front of the parts department personnel when it comes in, that way if it comes in damaged they will return it and get you a good one.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Lowest price I find is at a dealer, but if not local, shipping will kill that. Most aftermarket hoods are either fiberglass, or Carbon Fiber ($$$)

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a nice steel hood online for 1k.....but the shipping is outlandish.... Guess it is the virus fault...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
No, shipping on hoods has always been expensive, very large item. If I was switching to a Hellcat Hood, I'd be going for OEM aluminum hood. Remember most come bare, no grilles, etc.

A Guy

Reactions: Hoppy55

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These have the grills...that concerns me...how much rain gets in the compartment? Or does Black Betty become a Sunny Sunday Driver? LOL

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Hellcat owners and newer Scat Pack owners (same hood) say not an issue. If you have a CAI with an open filter, you may want to get a shield, but otherwise, not an issue

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, shipping on hoods has always been expensive, very large item. If I was switching to a Hellcat Hood, I'd be going for OEM aluminum hood. Remember most come bare, no grilles, etc.

A Guy
We first bought a white SXT+ and then I came across a sweet 2010 SRT8 with only 50k, she is my Black Betty....and a scammer...so now my wife has her own Challenges.

OK, appreciate it, will look at shields for themselves and research it...Thanks!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8 6 speed
10 Posts
I am looking for a hell cat hood to go on a 2010 SRT8. I like the design but also I like the airflow...These cars needs air! Anyone know where I can find one at a decent price? I found one of Amazon but they are high in shipping and I have already been ripped off once...not again.
I have a 2010 SRT8 as well and am considering this ram air system from Cervinis:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2010 SRT8 as well and am considering this ram air system from Cervinis:

They sure are proud of their products! Thanks for shipping the link as I will take a look at it soon!

Here's one on the interweb that includes shipping.
I know nothing about it or the company.Challenger Hellcat Style Hood; Carbon Fiber (08-20 All)
Are the fiberglass versions as stable as aluminum or steel? I have seen that they tend to warp and become out of shape more or less. Also they need the hood pins etc as the latch etc do not work...just asking as i have lost alot of brain cells in the 70's....

·
Super Moderator
17,242 Posts
the other thing is the quality of the fit.

A lot of fiberglass or carbon fiber hoods might not have good quality dimensional control.

The OEM aluminum hoods often are lighter than these aftermarket versions as well.

Reactions: Hoppy55
1 - 13 of 13 Posts