Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although I loved the white IE, I traded it yesterday for a new Redline 392. A couple of issues made me decide to trade.

• I was truly disappointed when Dodge announced that white would be available on the 2012 SRT's. It ruined the exclusitivity of the IE.
  • Like others, the white interior was starting to wear on me. I was tired of driving with a towel on the seat and I wasn't going to recover or replace them. I figure that there are only two things that will happen to the seats in the long run. They will either yellow or get stained, neither are good.
  • I just wasn't having much fun IN the car. It was great to sit and look at but I always worried about damaging a special edition car on the road.
  • The only color I would rather have, Redline, came availbable at my local dealer. Since Redline won't be a 2012 color I feel that the exclusitivity is back.
  • The new car is a manual transmission which just adds so much more to the driving experience.
  • The final determinating factor was the deal. I won't go into detail except to say that the dealer really wanted the car. If anyone's interested, it's on the new car showroom floor at Planet Dodge in Humble, Texas.

The new car is just a blast to drive. This is the first Challenger I've had with the mauanl transmission. As I said, it makes the driving experience much more fun and gives me complete control over the car. The shifts are surprisingly smooth and the power is always instantly available. Just awesome! I've had more fun in the last two days with this car than I did in the 4 months in the IE.

I know this thread is useless without pics so here are a few:

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
All good reasons, if you feel good about it, that is all that matters. Great looking car, congrats.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Congrats! Love the color...wait I have one too ;) Mine has the black stripes. Also I hear they may have Redline availiable for 2012. Its run for 2011 though was short lived due to the paint shortage. Will see if they actually bring it back in 2012.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
shocking how much money you must have to take the hit on a 3 month old car trade in value

i toss the idea around in my head once in a while over GWE...still waiting to see one....

how did you go about finding a dealer interested in getting a IE for trade in?

i assume since you said the deal was good that you lost less than $5,000?

id expect $8,000 loss on trade in, so anything under $5k loss id consider awesome!....mine has around 1,400 miles now.....maybe ill spend some time on the idea for the heck of it and see where it goes

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Congratulation on the trade! :thumbsup: Your redline 3 Challenger looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Great post!!
Perty much the same reasons I didn't buy an IE. I was "trying" not to drive my car as much as I am...but it's very hard to just let it sit...it is so much fun!!! 2523 miles of all fun. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Great looking car! Congratulations!

The gray stripes look very nice.

I had my 2010 SRT8 for 8 months. When I saw the GWE (the exact package I built online the night before!) in my dealer's showroom last Saturday, it was MINE within 4 hrs. Get what you want and be happy, as others have so wisely stated before me!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shocking how much money you must have to take the hit on a 3 month old car trade in value

i toss the idea around in my head once in a while over GWE...still waiting to see one....

how did you go about finding a dealer interested in getting a IE for trade in?

i assume since you said the deal was good that you lost less than $5,000?

id expect $8,000 loss on trade in, so anything under $5k loss id consider awesome!....mine has around 1,400 miles now.....maybe ill spend some time on the idea for the heck of it and see where it goes
I wasn't going to go into details on the trade, but since you asked I will. It cost me $1,200 and my car, out the door. It was well worth it to me. As I said the dealer really wanted the car. I'm assuming they already had some leads for a buyer on a car like this and plan to turn it quickly.

My first offer was a straight swap. We finally arrived at the $1,200 out the door number. I signed the papers and left before they had a chance to change their minds.

I went to no trouble finding the dealer. He was the closest dealer to me and he had the car I wanted.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Can't go wrong with red, any red,

Kudos on the 6sp, nothing like rowing thru gears and pulling to speed,
:smoker:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
The gray stripes look good with that color. Not sure if I have ever seen that combination before. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I wasn't going to go into details on the trade, but since you asked I will. It cost me $1,200 and my car, out the door. It was well worth it to me. As I said the dealer really wanted the car. I'm assuming they already had some leads for a buyer on a car like this and plan to turn it quickly.

My first offer was a straight swap. We finally arrived at the $1,200 out the door number. I signed the papers and left before they had a chance to change their minds.

I went to no trouble finding the dealer. He was the closest dealer to me and he had the car I wanted.
im never afraid to talk $$....since this post is on the 392 forum we all have $50k to blow on a car, so your not going to offend anyone

you paid $1,200 + $2,000 extra for the IE package and it sounds like you went from auto to stick so thats another $1,300

assuming you got all the same options otherwise and the same financing it cost you $4,500 to switch......even if you lowered a few options thats only $1000-1500 more.....$4,500 isnt too bad....if it makes you happy whats $4,500 more on a $48,000 car........good for you!

i sent out (2) e-mails to dealers with GWE's just to play w/ the idea....i took my car out today for the 1st time in 2 weeks....it would be a crazy hard decision if i ended up liking GWE more and i could get it w/ a $4,500 loss like you

i agree that they must have had someone lined up

how many miles did you have on the car?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im never afraid to talk $$....since this post is on the 392 forum we all have $50k to blow on a car, so your not going to offend anyone

you paid $1,200 + $2,000 extra for the IE package and it sounds like you went from auto to stick so thats another $1,300

assuming you got all the same options otherwise and the same financing it cost you $4,500 to switch......even if you lowered a few options thats only $1000-1500 more.....$4,500 isnt too bad....if it makes you happy whats $4,500 more on a $48,000 car........good for you!

i sent out (2) e-mails to dealers with GWE's just to play w/ the idea....i took my car out today for the 1st time in 2 weeks....it would be a crazy hard decision if i ended up liking GWE more and i could get it w/ a $4,500 loss like you

i agree that they must have had someone lined up

how many miles did you have on the car?
The IE stickered for $1,700 more than the Redline. Effectively, it cost me $2,900. Still a lot of money, but worth it to me. The options on the car are the same excpet for the IE package, the transmission and the new one has the 730N rather than the crappy 430N radio.

There were 1,350 miles on the car when I traded it.

Good luck with the GWE. I have yet to see one but I like the pictures.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
The IE stickered for $1,700 more than the Redline. Effectively, it cost me $2,900. Still a lot of money, but worth it to me. The options on the car are the same excpet for the IE package, the transmission and the new one has the 730N rather than the crappy 430N radio.

There were 1,350 miles on the car when I traded it.

Good luck with the GWE. I have yet to see one but I like the pictures.
awesome deal then....i can see why you did it....

i dont think there's a snowballs chance in hell they will do a deal w/ me on a GWE....i checked and i have 1,290 miles, so were similar.....no IE's anywhere nearby, so thats in my favor.....ill give it a small try and give up...i think you got a 1 in a 1,000,000 deal

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Although I loved the white IE, I traded it yesterday for a new Redline 392. A couple of issues made me decide to trade.

• I was truly disappointed when Dodge announced that white would be available on the 2012 SRT's. It ruined the exclusitivity of the IE.
  • Like others, the white interior was starting to wear on me. I was tired of driving with a towel on the seat and I wasn't going to recover or replace them. I figure that there are only two things that will happen to the seats in the long run. They will either yellow or get stained, neither are good.
  • I just wasn't having much fun IN the car. It was great to sit and look at but I always worried about damaging a special edition car on the road.
  • The only color I would rather have, Redline, came availbable at my local dealer. Since Redline won't be a 2012 color I feel that the exclusitivity is back.
  • The new car is a manual transmission which just adds so much more to the driving experience.
  • The final determinating factor was the deal. I won't go into detail except to say that the dealer really wanted the car. If anyone's interested, it's on the new car showroom floor at Planet Dodge in Humble, Texas.

The new car is just a blast to drive. This is the first Challenger I've had with the mauanl transmission. As I said, it makes the driving experience much more fun and gives me complete control over the car. The shifts are surprisingly smooth and the power is always instantly available. Just awesome! I've had more fun in the last two days with this car than I did in the 4 months in the IE.

I know this thread is useless without pics so here are a few:

The IE is a beautiful car....& so is the RL392!
Exclusivity is always a temporary thing. Chevy did the same thing with the LeMans Blue Commemorative Edition...color carried over...I know...I have one....but still love it!
But the M6 adds a whole new dimension to the 392 experience.
Hope you didn't take too big a hit $$$.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nice car and I'm glad you're happy with your decision. I'm more pleased that you got a manual this time around than I am the color even though the color looks great. Autos aren't much fun. Prepare to actually enjoy your car now with the 6 speed!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats on your new Redline 392. I didn't purchase the IE for many of the same reasons that you traded yours. Love my Redline too. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.