Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ol' Blue RT here with new name and new car...
As some here may know, I had a 2010 B5 blue R/T Classic that was customized and supercharged. I had put a lot into it over the years I had it; and, as many here thought I would keep it forever. As with many things in life, priorities change. With me, I was not driving it as much as I wanted to and was afraid it would get dinged ,etc in daily driver usage. So, I figured, if I bought a new one and forced myself to drive it as an only car, I would be more satisfied with what I had.
I sold it for a decent price, last month and ordered a new 2015 SRT on June 22nd. My new car arrived last Thursday. Overall, I am pleased with the new interior and the hood that separates the SRT's from the pack. Quality control sucks. The entire front end sheet-metal needs to be realigned. I have an appointment for Monday to get that done. I've lost about 40hp in trading up from my SC's RT to the SRT; but, the overall ride is much better. My new car has all the bells and whistles..A8 transmission,tech group, sunroof, Laguna leather, 8.4 Uconnect with Nav. Only option I didn't get was engine block heater and summer tires. I went with an auto due to knee issues. Old 6m was getting no longer fun to drive.

So, although I am sad to see my old friend go, the new one is slowly replacing it in my heart.

Old school:

New tech:

The King is dead, Long live the King :cheers:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sorry but the new one is way Sharper looking and the A8 you will love , good luck and enjoy it's a hot looking car ! I have a scatpack in ivory pearl white these cars look great in white

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
I love it and am thinking the same way as you now. Got foot issues and the M6 not as much fun any more. Haven't seen a new 15 White with the Silver stripes before and it really looks great. Congrats! :beer:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,919 Posts
Both look good to me, congrats on your new ride. :thumbsup::guiness:

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,133 Posts
that,s a hard choice.i like the old car and the new one

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
The "King did NOT die"

Some lucky guy has a sweet ride. He just moved on. I actually think he is better looking than his replacement. But, the grey stripes look so badazzz on the new "Dictator." I am looking forward to what you will do to the new MONSTER. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,874 Posts
I thought this thread was about Richard Petty passing away!!! Whew!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
My girlfriend hates white cars. When we went to pick up my Phantom Black SRT, there was a white R/T on the lot.
She says, Wow, it looks great in white. Go figure!
Good Luck.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
484 Posts
Looks great and congrats.

Did you change out the coil pack/valve covers, or did it come with the 392 covers?
Mine has the 392 covers also, I assumed all the 15 SRT 392's did.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts