Dodge Challenger Forum banner

The Last Photo, Sold My Car

3K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Poncherello 
#1 ·
Just dropped off my "Best Color Ever Made" Challenger at the dealer I sold it too.

Just didn't want to be saddled with it any more since I'm building a second home in Naples. I was going.to sell it locally but got tired of all the tire kickers with no money who just wanted to take it.for a test drive. The Pre-Owned market changed quite a bit over the last few months. I got $45.5k for it...KBB said trade value was $48k. I know most dealers go with Galves wholesale pricing in case they have to send it to auction.

The used car guy at this particular dealer was a less than friendly guy who acted as if he was doing me a favor. Anyway, I hope the next person who buys it enjoys it as much as I did for the year and a half I owned it.

The last photo

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, maybe after you are done building that house, you can find a low mileage 23 just like that one!

#7 ·
Like I said, the market has changed over the last several months..... no biggie, I'm rich :D

• Haha
Reactions: Willpower717
#9 ·
Sad. I can tell from your tone it was not easy. Best wishes with the new place. You can always get back in a car you like. But, if it’s gonna be a Challenger, we’ll, it’s gonna be used.

#11 ·
Glad you got a trade in amount you found acceptable. I'm looking to order a new car this summer and if the dealer is anywhere near the listed high trade-in I'll take it. I don't like private sales. I have no time for tire kickers.

#12 ·
The dealer I bought it from in Kansas offered me $46k but it would have cost me $1300 to ship it or about $700 to drive it and fly back.

The Dodge dealer I used for service refused to make an offer, they were afraid they’d get stuck with it

Dodge Dealer with tons of new allocation for Chargers and Challengers offered $36k

The one I sold it to offered $45.5k

I see similarly equipped 2021s with lower and higher mileage going for $51k-53k mostly.

Last summer and fall when the used ones were selling over sticker I felt that Ford dealer was low balling at $50k…but I don’t think I would have found a better offer with the higher interest rates now and a softer market. If I can find the right Hellcat somewhere…I’m a buyer :cool:

Reactions: Smokeshowchallenger
#14 ·
No reason to be heartbroken...I never get attached to any car I ever own. My Hellcat will be Smoke show too :cool:

Reactions: Smokeshowchallenger
#19 ·
Years ago I was PCS’ing for the Air Force and two months before I left, I posted my car for sale on the local board (analog) for $4000. No takers, not even a nibble. A month later I was getting desperate, but thought I’d try a different tack, and re-posted the same car for $6000. Five calls later I sold it for $5200. When the buyer handed me the check, he said with a smile, “Not trying to make you feel bad (he actually was) but I would’ve paid $5800. I said, “That’s ok. Last week I had it listed for $4000! And walked away whistling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Everything is for sale.... I'm never attached to any car I own. If I come across the right deal for a Smoke Show Hellcat with 6 speed I'll be all over it

#23 ·
It must’ve been a hard decision, but congrats in your new home. Welcome to Florida. If you’re ever in the Miami area and you see me, feel free to say hi 👋

#24 ·
Wasn't a hard decision at all….lI’ve never been “attached“ to any car I’ve owned. I’ve been in Naples the lat 23 years, sold my last house 18 months ago as the market was rising. Prices are down significantly over the lat year with new construction so I went back in…l and I’ll sell again when it goes back up :cool:

Reactions: Nightwing
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.